Pages

Sunday, October 28, 2018

[GoldennessSelcaDay] Visiting Places that Golden Child Visited in NYC

As Golden Child fans know, the 28th of every month is known as Goldenness Selca Day, to celebrate the x month anniversary since Golden Child's debut! Here I'll post all the photos that I recreated from Golden Child's day off in New York based on their Twitter posts. The boys were in New York for KCON NY 2018 and had time on June 25th to go sightseeing around the city, visiting High Line Park, Chelsea Market, Central Park, and Times Square. While my friend and I were in town for Myungsoo's fan meeting at the end of September, we had our own Goldenness tour, stopping by the various locations that Golden Child went to and posted on Twitter. Below are our Goldenness photos in time for Goldenness Selca Day!

High Line Park
My friend and I started our adventure with the High Line Park entrance closest to Chelsea Market. This industrial park follows abandoned railroad tracks, so by following the route we easily found Golden Child's photo spots.
In mid-August, Golden Child posted "골든차일드(Golden Child) “GOLDEN CHILD in New York” #2" on their Vlive channel, a video showing Golden Child's adventures on their day off in New York. They took a group photo on these wooden steps at High Line Park close to the Chelsea Market entrance.
Donghyun posted 2 photos from High Line Park in this tweet, where he posed on a bridge overlooking the street.
It was really fun taking these photos! I continued making the same solemn faces that expressions that Donghyun had made until my friend made a funny remark and I couldn't stop laughing. Then a passerby made a comment, saying that finally I'm smiling. After that, I really couldn't stop laughing anymore, it was hard continuing to take these shots!
Joochan's known for his odd forehead selcas, and he was definitely no stranger to this angle on this day! At the same area as Donghyun's shots, Joochan posted this selca in this tweet. I'm pretty ashamed of my photo; it was my second time trying to imitate their selca so I was really excited and didn't even bother trying to match the shot to the fullest.
Right next to the walkway where Donghyun and Joochan took their photos is the grassy area where Y and Jangjun rested! Here is Y's tweet.
Jangjun and Y also took a similar photo together, posted in Jangjun's tweet. This was a really complicated selca to recreate, and this was the best we could do.
At the end of our High Line Park journey, we found the famous fountain Joochan drank American water from and posted in this tweet! It took awhile getting the perfect shot (in the end we still couldn't figure out the correct angle), and that button is really stiff, and I had to keep drinking that fountain water...I can't relate to Joochan's enjoyment of his first taste of American water! And in the Vlive, Seungmin also drank from this fountain! My love for this single water fountain just grows more and more <3
In the middle of my extended usage of this fountain, a group of friends were waiting to drink from this fountain. I was so surprised other people were so interested in this particular fountain...maybe it's more famous than I thought! Being in the presence of this fountain, that has been blessed by Joochan's precious touch, was definitely the highlight of the day!

Chelsea Market
After reaching the fountain mecca, my friend and I retraced our steps and stepped into Chelsea Market. Unfortunately we didn't have time to take all the selcas that the members took here. One of the first shops we saw was where Jangjun took his cheese photo in this tweet. Watching their Vlive, Jangjun was so ecstatic to see all the cheese on display!
Walking in the same corridor as Jangjun's cheese photo is this shop that Bomin also walked by in the Vlive.
And right next door is the grocery store with the drink section that Daeyeol was browsing through in their Vlive! It was such a triumphant moment when I found this: the same doors Daeyeol entered through, the same floor that he stood on, the same display that he looked at.

Times Square
My friend and I had all night to spend before catching our early morning flights, so we decided to spend our wee hours of the morning taking selcas Joochan style.
Joochan posted 3 of his forehead selcas in this tweet.
These 3 shots were all taken around the same intersection within Times Square, however it was so hard trying to match the angles (and don't get me started on the timing of the ads!).
I definitely have a lot to learn from selca king Joochan, but these first attempts were definitely a start!

Unfortunately this trip was too short and we had no time to visit Central Park to catch fireflies or play on the swings. Overall I had so much fun having Golden Child's social media as a tour guide for my adventures around NYC. Even though this weekend trip was dedicated to seeing Myungsoo, it was such a bonus to also relive my KCON NY memories and fangirl over Golden Child. Happy Goldenness Selca Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment