Pages

Sunday, December 23, 2018

My Mini Korean Haul! December 2018 Edition

I'm forever grateful to my Korean Inspirit friend. I first met her as an undergraduate in the US back in late 2013; we were paired up as language exchange partners where I would help her with English and she would help me with Korean. After a few meetings, we soon learned that we were both Inspirits and quickly grew close! Unfortunately her foreign exchange program was ending a few months after we first met, and she moved back to Seoul. I studied in Seoul in the summer of 2014 and my Inspirit friend graciously took me on an Inspirit tour visiting the members' restaurants and old landmarks from Sesame Player. We even met Sungyeol and Boohyun at their respective restaurants, camped out overnight for That Summer 2 concert merchandise, sat in the same spot the members did at their favorite restaurants...that was a very special summer and I owe it to my Inspirit friend. We still message all the time and send holiday gifts to each other, though it's been over four years since I last saw her. Today I wanted to show what she got me!
First, my friend bought me a modern hanbok-style blouse! I really like hanbok style especially for modern everyday wear, so I'm excited to wear this. She also gave me a cute Seoul pin and Christmas card.
Second, at the beginning of the year my friend offered to help get me anything from Infinite's Top Seed album. I had really wanted Sungkyu's photobook and the blue/gray holographic card, and she surprised me with so much more! I received the random photobooks for Sungkyu, Dongwoo, Woohyun, L, and Sungjong, along with two copies of both holographic cards, and a set of the postcards. My friend also surprised me with the bronze coin from The Origin! And I had the most difficulty completing my Golden Child Goldenness photocard collection since I started collecting for this era too late...I asked my friend to help me find the red version of Daeyeol's photocard and though she also had difficulty finding it so late, she finally found one for me! I can't express how happy I am to now complete this set with the immense help of my friend.
Lastly, my friend gifted me with official Inspirit goods and the LED band from Infinite's 2017 fanmeeting Begin Again! Included is a slogan towel from Infinitize era; 4th generation letter; 5th generation post card & photo card & sticker set, pouch, eco bag, and exterior bag; and 6th generation special goods set.

No words can express how much I treasure my friendship with my first Inspirit friend. It was fate that we met and our relationship proves that despite living on different continents, international friendships can be just as strong, if not stronger than local friendships. I plan to have separate blog posts on my Top Seed collection, Goldenness (along with Genie) collection, and official Inspirit and fanmeeting goods.

No comments:

Post a Comment