Pages

Monday, September 27, 2021

Ordering Fansite Merch via Duckzill

Fansite merch is such a fun part of being in a fandom. They can be obtained various ways, such as by purchasing or receiving freebies on site at events, given out during cafe events, or by preordering online or via a group order. I've generally only gotten fansite merch from events on site, but when I saw a Jaehyun cheering slogan from his fansite YOUNG&RICH using a photo from one of my absolutely most favorite Jaehyun looks, I couldn't pass the opportunity to have this.

For this particular case, I would have had to go through a group order since there are no opportunities to purchase at any in-person venues. But now, there is the online retailer Duckzill that fansites use to post their goods to sell internationally. These goods range from cheering slogan sets, to photocard holders, to cup sleeves from cafe events. Fansites send their goods to Duckzill, and then Duckzill ships your order. Therefore, you can purchase multiple goods with combined shipping from various events and fansites. I tried adding various other products to my order, however the shipping greatly increased depending on the product, so I decided to only order the 1 cheering slogan from Duckzill.

You should pay attention to the product listing and whether the item is a preorder with a set closing date, or if the item is a stock sale where either the fansite or Duckzill already has the inventory on hand.

There is a Korean site (for those shipping within Korea), Japanese site (for those shipping to Japan), and English site (for those shipping anywhere else). The price is originally listed in KRW, and the price on the English site is using a 1,000₩ = $1 USD conversion.

Looking at the ordering process, it looks very similar to Everline's (especially the shipping setup). I ordered the product listed here and followed the fansite's Twitter as they provide the most updated information on the slogan production and shipping. The slogan itself was $10 USD and shipping was $16 (weight is .3kg = product weight is .2kg + box weight is .1kg) with no option of the carrier or shipping method. The website takes both PayPal and credit card. 

The fansite has continued to update on production (there was a quality assurance issue so the slogan had to be reproduced) and shipping via Twitter. On August 23rd Duckzill sent an email containing a fansite update, but of course Twitter is where you'll get the latest updates. While August 17th was the original ship date, on September 2nd the fansite updated that shipping has started. On September 4th, a K-Ness posted on Twitter that they had received their slogan. I checked my Duckzill account on September 13th and saw that my order had updated with a carrier (OrangeDS) and an ONS shipping number which I couldn't use. For $16 shipping I would have thought they would have used some sort of EMS...I checked my order again on September 17th and a master tracking number was also populated. This master tracking number is a USPS number. I continued to view my order on Duckzill and on USPS to use both tracking histories as they did differ.
My package arrived via USPS on September 27th. My item was packaged in a waterproof bubblewrap envelope and had a cute Duckzill logo sticker.
Because the envelope was already lined with a layer of bubblewrap inside, my item didn't need additional protection. The cheering slogan came in a plastic zipper pack as explained in the fansite's description.
And here is the cheering slogan! It was well worth the wait^^ It's a soft yet firm microfiber slogan with an image of Jaehyun from KCON Thailand back in September 2019. The funny thing was this day was back before I officially considered Jaehyun as a bias, but at the time this photo and this entire day captivated me so much. And it makes me so happy to have this as a cheering slogan now^^
Here is the backside^^

Overall, I'm just happy to have this cheering slogan! I wish the shipping process were better and more apparent, especially with the carrier, But it is nice being able to buy fansite goods officially from a website so that I have the security as a customer and can handle any discrepancies with a business, despite the business still being a middleman.

Additionally, Duckzill also has a page listing out various ongoing fansite events, which is helpful for those wanting to go cafe hopping in Korea. Duckzill does seem to be a fairly useful site for fansite goods and events, and I can't wait to use it to go cafe hopping in the future^^

1 comment:

  1. wolverine hillie abo toilet kortman frankly Gerta ribart gobi
    keep up the nice work on the site. I love it. Could use some more frequent updates, but im quite sure that you got better things to do , hehe. =)

    Korean Air Purifier Brands

    Negative Ion Generator Reviews Consumer Reports

    Air Purifier Made In Germany

    ReplyDelete