Pages

Monday, January 24, 2022

Ordering Almost Blue Goods via Ktown4U

I first learned about the Korean accessory brand Almost Blue when Golden Child's Jaehyun wore one of the brand's trademark mufflers for his web drama "Convenient Store Fling" which aired in January 2021. (Thank you to @GNCD_Clothes for finding this match!). I never really looked further into trying to get this muffler, until I saw a bunch of Almost Blue products recently listed on Ktown4u.com. As I continued browsing, I realized it's because Almost Blue has garnered more traction by having a new spokesmodel...

Looking at Almost Blue's Twitter, they only tweeted once a year in 2019 and 2020. Then on October 29th, 2021, its account came back to life with the announcement of a new muse, to be revealed on November 1st. The new endorser was no other than Astro's maknae, Sanha! (Okay so I rarely admit this because I had always found my safe place to be Woollim artists, but 2019 was a really difficult time for me as a Goldenness, and somehow Astro and TXT helped me out but it felt like a guilty pleasure; I'm now in a much better place as a Woollim stan and support these two groups from afar. If anyone's curious, my biases are Sanha (is it thanks to Bomin...?^^) and Beomgyu~).

Anyways, it seems that Almost Blue has established themselves more with Sanha on board. Right away Almost Blue announced an event where buying a product from their 21WINTER Collection qualified for 1 of 5 random Sanha photocards and 2 of 5 random Sanha frames.

Almost Blue is known for their signature check muffler. The designs come in big check, medium check, and small check, and each check size comes with its own set of color options. I'm really glad for this because Ktown's listings only state the color, so I know by default that I'm choosing the correct check size and color combination.

Almost Blue's website here can be viewed in Korean or in English, and they ship internationally. However, I opted for Ktown so that I could also preorder Drippin's third mini album (or rather, I was contemplating preordering Villain but tacking on a Golden Child related product to my order sealed the deal on this order). I also like ordering from Ktown since they make it known whether or not you are getting a preorder benefit, rather than listing the generic "until supplies last". As a note for prices on the signature check muffler, Almost Blue lists it as 28,000₩ (currently on sale for 25,200₩) on the Korean site, and $23.74 USD on the English site, while on Ktown it is $25.08 USD.

The muffler came in its own clear bag with the brand's logo printed.
On the backside, the set of Sanha freebies was in a clear resealable bag taped to the outside of the muffler's external packaging.
Here is a closeup of the other side of the freebie set.
Here are the 2 frames and photocard I received. I didn't know what to expect for the frames, but these are really cute! I like that they're transparent cards, and the 2 I received work well together.
Here's the backside of the photocard.
Here is the muffler! There is a cardstock tag attached to the tag on the scarf.
I was surprised at just how BIG this thing is! I didn't realize mufflers are huge scarves. Pictured above, the muffler can still be unfolded one more time. I put the Sanha photocard and Dripping albums on top for size reference. The product info on this muffler's webpage here states that the dimensions are 78cm by 164cm.
The fabric is 100% acrylic and feels really soft. The edges have a frayed design, however it is sewn so the fabric won't run.

Overall, I really like this muffler. Out of the 12 check size and color combinations of the signature check muffler, this creamy blue is one of my 3 favorites so I'm really happy it's the one Jaehyun also wore^^ (But of course if he wore one of my least favorite combinations, I'd choose to buy that one instead...). The one thing is that this muffler has so much fabric that I need to figure out how to properly wear it without looking awkwardly bulky. But regardless, it's fun taking pieces that idols have worn and making it a part of my wardrobe^^

No comments:

Post a Comment