Pages

Sunday, June 19, 2022

Musical Midnight Sun: Golden Child Y MD Review

Golden Child's Y has been continuing his musical career, this time as the lead in "Midnight Sun" from May to June 2022. This production is run by Meta Theater, which allows for online streaming as well as MD friendly for international ordering.

On May 19th, Meta Theater tweeted that merchandise would be sold starting on May 25th at 2PM KST via Ticket Link, which has a global site. I visited the product page on Ticket Link here right when preordering opened, however for the first few days it kept erroring out. I thought this was a sign that I didn't need this merchandise, especially with Golden Child's US tour looming. But with Korean fans already receiving their items and showing them on Twitter, I caved in for the school themed merch. The listing page also stated that shipping will begin on May 30th in sequential purchase order. I checked again on May 31st (half hoping that Y's goods would be sold out, but everything was still in stock) and was able to order! 

Products (by musical actor/actress):
  • Taeyang Highschool Package - 20,000KRW
  • Tin Box Package - 13,000KRW
  • Incense Stick Holder Package - 15,000KRW
  • Badge - 10,000KRW
Since I knew I would already be paying ridiculous shipping fees, I decided to buy all 4 items that are directly associated with Y. (It was a bit tempting that Eunbi is in this musical and has MD too, but I had to refrain).

This product listing is within Ticket Link's musical tab. There is an order limit of 3 per item. I chose the 4 items above, making sure to have selected Y's version for all of them, and then continued with placing my order. The subtotal was 58,000₩ and shipping was 59,300₩, for a total of 117,300₩. There were no issues with paying using an international credit card. The one thing that caught me off-guard was that the Ticket Delivery stated "Pick-up at venue" while Venue stated "Not Applicable". I was worried if they had actually expected me to pick this up at a venue, especially when the MD listing page was under musicals.
I didn't receive any notification or indication of when my package would ship, so I was very surprised when my package arrived on June 15th! It was delivered via EMS (USPS) and unfortunately came with a large hope at the corner.
Luckily all 4 items were safely inside my package.
Each of the 4 items came in its own bubblewrap bag, with the excess of the bag wrapped around the product and then securely taped.
Here are the items!

Taeyang Highschool Package
The Taeyang Highschool Package comes in a really cutely sized matte cardstock box with dimensions 6.125" by 4.5" by 1".
There is a clear piece of tape securing the flap. Removing that and opening the flap reveals a sheet of ID photos. This photo sheet is slightly bigger than the box so it curled a bit at the top and bottom.
Underneath the ID photo sheet are a badge, ID card, and 2 notebooks.
Here are all of the contents of this package! It comes with Y's ID photo sheet, Y's school ID, the school's badge inside a PVC pouch, and 2 matte notebooks, one of Haram and one of Haena. The notebooks have blank pages inside.
Here are the backsides of the contents. The ID photo sheet is printed on matte Fujifilm photo paper. The school ID card is made of thick plastic like a real ID card, and the backside has both the school logo and a QR code that takes you to https://www.2022midnightsun.com/fhda682gkjl5 and asks for your passcode. The badge has a butterfly clutch fastener. And the 2 notebooks has the same quote printed on the back cover.

Tin Box Package
The tin box package came with the 5 photocard set on top of the tin box and inside a clear sleeve. Here are the photocard images.
The sticker label on the tin box matches the backside of the photocards. The photocards have a glossy finish.

Incense Stick Holder Package
The incense stick holder package comes in a PVC zip lock pouch with a "Midnight Sun" sticker.
The incense holder is in the shape of a surfboard and is made of plastic with a small hole at the end to hold incense. There is a clear plastic layer on top of the surfboard that you can peel off. The surfboard is about 9.125" by 2.8125" by 0.1875".

 The set also comes with 2 glossy photocards.
The backside of the incense holder is white while the backsides of the photocards match the tin box package.

Badge
This metal badge comes pinned to a piece of cardstock with Y's photo and inside a clear resealable bag. I wasn't interested in the badge especially when it doesn't really represent Y, but since I'm already paying ridiculous shipping, I figured I should tack this onto my order^^ The badge is about 1" by 1.5".
The badge has 2 butterfly clutch fasteners to secure it. The back of the cardstock also has a quote along with the dates and venue of this production's run.

I know I could've definitely done without this merchandise, but I'm really happy to have it! I especially love the school ID card, and I am actually planning on using the tin box to securely store my Polaroids while travelling for Golden Child's US tour^^ And I see that Meta Theater is also selling an OST + Photobook package, but I decided to pass on that...

No comments:

Post a Comment