Pages

Saturday, August 18, 2018

[KCON18LA] Day-1: Greeting Golden Child at LAX

Friday August 10th was a very busy day for Goldenness in LA, but even more so for Golden Child who landed at LAX in the morning, then had their artist engagement in the afternoon and Klub KCON appearance in the evening. 
This time I had my Golden Day tote, along with my Golden Child slogan towel and my fan letter. I was really proud of this fan letter because I spent weeks drafting it, and even made a special trip out to Canada to find stationary. I poured my heart and soul into my message, wanting to share my love and thanks for KCON NY.

My Goldenness friend and I arrived at LAX at 9:30AM, and there were already several Wanna One and Twice fans securing potential spots. I knew this airport greeting would be much different from greeting Golden Child in NY - that time there were at most 10 fans, but this time there was surely at least 300, all to greet Wanna One, Twice, Golden Child, and In2it who were all arriving at the same time.

Eventually all the fans were asked to form two distinct lines outside, where the idols would walk through from the terminal doors to their vans. It was a bit chaotic with so many fans, their large DSLRs, banners, and lightsticks, but the security guards eased all the emotions going through fans' heads as they were so nice and friendly. One guard was on a segway and took a selfie with the lines, making the atmosphere fun. A few Asian flight attendants also walked down our walkway and asked fans who we were waiting for; when they found out the answer, the flight attendants were fangirling!
With so many fans, most of whom were for Wanna One and Twice, I was really hoping that these two groups would come out first. And lo and behold, Wanna One came out first at 11:27AM. Since we were all in line, it was really hard to see the idols until they were right in front of us, and that was only for a split second. The members were very stern and serious, and aimed to just get into their van. I didn't see any members accept letters or gifts from fans. As Wanna One walked by, their fans instinctively left their spot in line to follow them to their van. Fans not here for Wanna One quickly stepped closer to the terminal door.
To Goldenness' luck, Twice came out next at 11:42AM. The members also walked out really quickly, but they were much more friendly and acknowledged the crowd. Some were so adorable holding hands while walking out. The Once in front of me had two fan letters to give and he was successful!

After Twice left, many fans left as well. That made so much room for Goldenness, and I was much more easily able to see the members as they exited through the doors and up our makeshift walkway. Golden Child came out at 12:02PM. The moment had finally come again - I would be greeting Golden Child as they made their first steps on the west coast! The first three members were pretty spaced out but then they bunched up and everyone walked so fast anyways that it was all a blur. The only things I truly remember were that Jibeom was so kind with his beautiful smile towards fans and Daeyeol was happily waving to fans. Below are my screenshots from my fancam.
Bomin stepped out first, again looking like the future CEO of Woollim. It's hard to tell exactly where the members are looking, but with some of my screenshots it really does look like they're looking in my direction! At least I'd like to think that^^
Tag was a few steps behind Bomin.
Jibeom was next. I honestly never noticed how friendly Jibeom is to fans outside of their schedules (I naturally think of how Daeyeol and Joochan are most friendly whereas Jaehyun and Bomin are most serious in situations like this), but he does always seem genuinely happy and smiling to fans.
This was how close the members were to me; literally right in front of me! You can see me trying to hand my fan letter to all the members.
And after Jibeom, all the members were really close together. Seungmin was right behind Jibeom, then Jangjun right after that.
Jaehyun was next. I definitely didn't notice his intense stare, but if I did, I definitely would have melted on the spot.
Daeyeol was right behind, waving to us. Donghyun and Joochan were walking side-by-side directly behind Daeyeol, and Sungyoon brought up the rear. The last three were so bunched up that I wasn't able to see them well.
I was able to capture a nice screenshot of Joochan as he walked by me. I can't get over how handsome he looks in person.
Even after the boys got into their "tanned window" van (lol Jibeom) with the door closed and as the van pulled away, some members continued waving at us! At least two members waved. Also the silhouette at the end looks like Joochan with his cute newsboy hat!

In2it was expected to come out as well, however we decided to head over to the convention for Golden Child's artist engagement coming up at 4:30PM.
At the time, I was so disappointed that I couldn't hand off my fan letter to Golden Child and that I could only see them for a brief moment in contrast to seeing them at JFK. But now looking back at my fancam, I see how nice and friendly they boys were towards us despite their tiring schedule and am really grateful to be stanning such an amazing group and to have been able to see them at LAX. This marks yet another one of my most memorable weekends of my life and I couldn't wait for the adventure to continue.

No comments:

Post a Comment