Pages

Friday, August 3, 2018

[KCON18NY] Day-2: Convention Part 3/3 - Sunday Red Carpet

This post is the last of my experience at the second day of the convention of KCON NY 2018. I talked about the first half of the day here and Golden Child's artist engagement event here.

After Golden Child's artist engagement event ended at 2:39PM, I headed to the temporary line for Red Carpet, which is in the same location as Golden Child's temporary line. I joined a group in line that was tag-teaming, and we held each other's spots in line as they headed to other events they were interested in. The line was already really long and it was all outside under the hot sun. Eventually the staff moved the temporary line to the normal spot directly outside of BHHH.
At around 5PM we began to enter the venue. We surrendered our red carpet voucher, went through a security check, and entered the venue. The layout is like an L shape, and already many people were piled against the long stage while only 1 row was against the short end of the stage. I chose to be in the second row on the side. This was my view of the stage. Esna was the MC and she always stood on the end of the stage closest to my side, and she blocked our view of the artists for majority of the event. She stood next to the last member during the Q&A but would step back against the wall during photo time.

One girl behind me wanted to see Wanna One while another girl wanted to see NCT, so we made a pact to rotate to my spot when it was our group's turn. They were really nice and grateful for me giving up my spot for them.

The event began at 5:21PM. The five artists of the night had a few minutes to step onto the red carpet, pose for pictures, answer a few pre-selected questions, and pick a fanletter from their mailbox to read aloud. I honestly have no recollection of this event, I was still so dazed from Golden Child's artist engagement!
The first artist to go onto the red carpet was Golden Child! Tag entered first and bowed to Esna, then waved the the audience straight ahead along with the other members. They never really looked in our direction. They all wore sleek black outfits! Many other groups wore the same outfits to all their KCON events, but Golden Child had a special outfit just for the red carpet. They first introduced themselves, with (I think) Daeyeol leading, "we are..." and everyone else saying "Golden Child!" Esna asked the members a question in Korean, and Tag responded, "yes, I'm truly honored to perform in front of such an amazing audience. I hope you guys will remember this moment because I will never forget this moment. Thank you so much." Esna then asked what is Golden Child's outfit concept in English. Y replied in Korean and Esna translated, "our outfit concept is New York, chic, black. Do you guys like it?!" Esna asked another question in Korean about if there were any episodes while staying in New York. Jangjun answered, "umm, we went to swimming pool in hotel, it was very very funny because it was swimming together with us." The members added "first time!" Esna asked another question, Daeyeol responded, and Esna translated, "this is our first time in New York as Golden Child and in the next years to come they want to make their presence known all over the world." Esna's next question was in regards to Golden Child's upcoming comeback and whether we could have a spoiler. Daeyeol gave the same response he did at the artist engagement, and Esna translated, "they can't give away too much...but just know it's going to be a very refreshing summer song." Next was phototime, and the members looked slightly to the left (but not in our direction), then center, then right. Then a staff member brought up Golden Child's mailbox, I think Jaehyun picked a fanletter from inside, then he handed it to Esna to read. Esna read the letter, then handed the mailbox to Joochan for the members to read the remaining letters.
Tag said "thank you so much", then the members waved to the audience and Y did turn to our side and wave even though he was so far away! Golden Child's entire segment was just under 5.5 minutes.
Next was Fromis_9. I could see the members walking up the stage, but once they were on stage I could only see their backs.
EXID stepped on the red carpet next. They seemed like they had a lot of fun on the stage, and spelled out "EXID" with their bodies.
NCT was next up. The Wanna One girl acted as a body guard while I moved to the third row so the NCT girl could take my spot. The quick bond we had was really memorable. This was my view from the third row (after lifting up my phone above my head).
Last up on the red carpet was Wanna One. The event ended sometime after 5:50PM. The two girls I met were so nice, we all exchanged Twitter accounts afterwards to keep in touch. Throughout KCON it was really nice talking to strangers around me - everyone is so friendly and happy to share our common love of Kpop!

Upcoming will be my last post from KCON NY 2018, which is the concert from the second day. And coming up will be my posts about my experience at KCON LA 2018!

No comments:

Post a Comment