Pages

Saturday, March 16, 2019

[KTMF19] Buying Tickets for the 17th Annual Korea Times Music Festival 2019

Korea Times Music Festival is an annual concert held at the Hollywood Bowl in LA. The performers range from Kpop idols to hip hop artists to trot singers, therefore also garnering a large audience range. More information from the official site can be found here.

Ticket sales began on February 9th, however the lineup isn't announced until weeks later. On March 8th, KTMF officially released the first wave of artists for their lineup. Lovelyz is included in the lineup! Since their debut in November 2014, Lovelyz have only promoted in Asia. I never thought that I could see Lovelyz live, so I'm very grateful for the group to be on KTMF's lineup! Furthermore, I'm grateful that Lovelyz was announced during the first wave, so that I could buy my ticket before other artists are announced.

Along with the announcement of Lovelyz are Ha Sungwoon, Jung Eunji (I really liked Apink prior to Lovelyz' debut!), DJ Doc (they were the last performers at the Korean Speed Festival in 2014 but I had left after Infinite's performance; I guess it was meant to be for me to finally see them!), Tae Jinah, and Yook Joongwan Band. As more artists are announced, I'll update this post as well.
Here is the seating chart for Hollywood Bowl, as seen on KTMF's website. The box seats (Garden Box, Terrace Box, and Ramp Box) must be purchased in sets of 4 or 6 because they are literally a box with a picnic table and 4 or 6 seats.

A few hours after the first wave of artists were revealed, I began looking at tickets. It seemed like no resale sites were selling. I looked at the official site (where you have to first be signed in) to look at the remaining available seats. All Pool Circle and some sections of the Garden Box tickets were gone, as expected with ticket sales beginning a month earlier. The best individual seats available were either the Ramp Seats (the light blue handicap section next to Pool Circle) or the Super Seats. The system automatically chooses a seat for you. I saw that Ramp Seat A had seats 6 and 7 available, while Ramp Seat E had seat 4 available. I gambled on 4 being closer to the center of the stage, and chose Ramp Seat E.

I purchased Ramp Seat E 2-4 for $200 USD plus a $2.50 convenience fee. The ticket is a hard copy that could either be mailed to picked up at will call. I chose the cheapest mail option of USPS Priority Mail for US for $7.50. I received an email confirmation of my purchase, but no update on the delivery of my ticket. Oddly enough the email and purchase history on the website don't show the actual seat number. Also note that all ticket sales from this site are final.
I received my ticket via USPS the following Friday, March 15th! The seating information is actually formatted a bit differently than how it's shown when I was buying the ticket, but it seems to be the same seat. Now that I have my ticket, accommodations, and official Lovelyz lightstick (to be reviewed in an upcoming post!), I'm all set and can't wait for KTMF!

Update: On March 18th, KTMF announced Kim Bum Soo, Choi Jin Hee, and Kim Yeong Cheol as the second wave of artists. Currently there are 9 artists in the lineup with a "Who's Next" listed as well; I wonder who will be announced next!

Update: On March 20th, KTMF announced SHINee's Taemin and Super Junior as the third wave of artists, along with the "Who's Next" icon. There are a total of 11 announced artists at this point.

Update: Between the announcements of wave 2 and wave 3, I saw that the seat next to me was still available. But on March 21st, all ramp seats were sold out with the addition of the SM artists.

Update: I checked KTMF's Instagram and Facebook on the morning of March 26th and found no updates, however KTMF's website did list the complete artist list that included Kang Hyejung and Choi Wonhyun, and no more "Who's Next" icon. A few hours later KTMF announced their complete lineup on their social media accounts.

No comments:

Post a Comment