Pages

Friday, July 22, 2022

Golden Child: Goldenness Japan Fanclub Membership Review

With the announcement of Golden Child's second Japanese single album having a fanclub exclusive version, I finally ventured out to try and figure out how to join a Japan fanclub. It was actually much more straightforward than I had anticipated! On May 17th KST I signed up on the website https://goldenness.jp/, then I entered entered my Japanese address (using my proxy), and then I used my credit card without an issue. The total for the membership was $53.48 USD (¥6,850 JPY). The membership comes with a fankit which will be shipped to my indicated Japanese address. Looking at my account, the expiration date of my membership is May 31, 2022.

There was a notice on the Goldenness JP website stating that all Ness who sign up by May 18th will have their membership benefits sent out starting on the 23rd. This was the push to get me to sign up as soon as I could.

On May 31st JST, I received a package at my Japanese warehouse Blackship, and they provided me with a photo of the package and a photo of the shipping label. With 45 days of free storage, I decided to wait until my Japanese albums arrived (and later on, my RATA-TAT-TAT commemorative goods as well). I don't plan on doing another review of my Blackship experience since the goods I forwarded over will span 3 posts, but again it was seamless and I would definitely continue to use them^^

My fankit included the above: a piece of paper introducing (?) the fanclub, the membership card and cardstock sleeve packaging, a plastic card holder, and a retractable card holder reel.
The front of the membership card packaging has the Goldenness Japan logo.
The inside of the packaging has information in Japanese. And here is the membership card! It feels like a typical plastic card, and is simplistic but really pretty in showcasing the logo in the center on a metallic gold background. The membership number is embossed at the bottom. In my opinion, this card design is my second favorite of all the Goldenness membership cards so far; my favorite is still Gen 1, whereas I am not fond of Gen 2 or Gen 3 just because the colors and designs don't feel like they represent Golcha or Ness.
The backside of the membership card has information in Japanese, along with a barcode and the membership number.
Underneath the card on the packaging are the members' printed autographs in age order! This was a nice surprise^^
One side has a solid sleeve for a card, as well as the Goldenness Japan logo embossed in the center.
The other side has a clear sleeve to hold another card. there is a hole in the top corner to pair with the accompanying card holder reel.
I was surprised that a retractable card holder reel would be included in a fankit! I only see these in an office setting. It's fun having a Goldenness (Japan) branded one, and it'd be great to use with the card holder and membership card if I ever needed to use the card in person. The black part is plastic while the keychain and clasp part are metal; you can use the clasp to hook it onto the card holder. You can pull the keychain part to reveal the string reel.
Here is the backside. It has a metal clip to attach it to your belt loop or pocket.

Along with the fankit, the Japanese membership is handy in accessing the shop page that sells the exclusive fanclub album versions. Woollim has also sold commemorative goods for both A WOO!! and RATA-TAT-TAT, and I know for RTT fanclub members can receive preorder benefits (unsure about A WOO!!). I have lots of regret not looking into how to buy A WOO!! goods, but I've learned from that mistake! The membership is also nice as it has exclusive photos and videos, and you can also receive a digital birthday card in your email on your birthday.

At this point I don't think about the price anymore...because $50+ for just this and the accessibility to buy 9 jewel case albums?! PLUS crazy shipping prices from Japan to the US? So without thinking about that, it's exciting to be part of a Japan fanclub and to have usable branded merch (which of course I'll just end up preserving rather than using). I'm excited for what else Golcha has in store for Japan (now that I'm starting to understand how it all works), though of course a Korean comeback is priority at this point!

No comments:

Post a Comment