Pages

Saturday, July 23, 2022

Golden Child: RATA-TAT-TAT Commemorative Goods Review

During Golden Child's Japanese debut,  A WOO!! commemorative goods were sold for a limited time. I had initially thought that only official Japan Fanclub members had the ability to order, but now looking at the announcement here I think I could've ordered too...the regret...

On June 15th at 6PM JST, Golden Child's official Japanese Twitter account announced RATA-TAT-TAT commemorative goods, along with preorder benefits that are exclusive to fanclub members. Here is a link to the announcement.

Seeing that there are preorder benefits, and more specifically how these benefits are exclusively for fanclub members, I checked out the goods as soon as I woke up and saw the announcement to lock them in and make use of my membership. The shop can be accessed from a link within the announcement page of the fanclub site (here).

There are 2 types of goods: a badge and a set of 5 photos from the "Golden Child Real Showcase 2022 'RATA-TAT-TAT'". Each type is sold by member, where the badge is ¥1,000 each and the photo set is ¥1,200 each.

According to the announcement, the sales period is from June 15, 6PM JST until items are sold out. Shipping is ¥600 only within Japan; it cannot be shipped overseas. As for preorder benefits, they are applied per transaction, not per item. Each transaction that includes the badge will come with an OT9 clear file; this clear file is the same as clear file distributed to fanclub members at the showcase. Each transaction that includes the photo set will include a postcard with OT9's printed messages. As I believe anyone can order these items, to distinguish if you are a fanclub member and therefore qualify for the preorder benefits, you must use the same email address to purchase that you did to register, as well as enter your membership number in the comments section of the payment page.

On June 15 at 11:55PM JST, I instinctively bought the Jaehyun and Jibeom versions of both items (despite not really knowing what I was even buying), and wanting the preorder benefits, I placed 4 separate orders. I also added in the comments section both my email address and membership number. I tried using the international credit card option which didn't work, then I tried PayPal which went through.

On June 25 at 12:09AM JST I received emails saying that all 4 purchases were cancelled. contact@goldenness.jp emailed me directly at 8:45AM JST stating that they didn't process any of my orders within 10 days due to system issues and therefore PayPal cancelled my orders, and that I would need to reorder. This really frustrated me because "the early bird gets the worm" obviously didn't pay off. Whereas my friend who ordered later than me had her order successfully ship. I got this notice the day of Golden Child's San Jose concert and didn't really have time to deal with this but finally got the chance to reorder all 4 items (as 4 separate transactions) using PayPal the following day (during my quiet time in between the San Jose and LA concerts^^).

I received email notifications that my orders have shipped on July 1st JST and they all arrived at my Blackship address on July 4th JST.

This is everything I received! I did receive 2 clear files for the badges, as well as 2 postcards for the photo sets. After I received my package, I checked both the announcement page and the photo set item page and they updated to state that the postcards have run out. I'm glad that they explicitly state when benefits have run out. I'm unsure of the packaging from the Goldenness Japan shop since Blackship consolidated my packages together, everything arrived safely and in perfect condition.
Here is a closer look at both sides of the fanclub preorder benefit A4 clear file. This is the same clear file that was distributed at Golden Child's showcase in Japan for this release. This OT9 group photo is the same image as the album cover of the RATA-TAT-TAT limited version.
Here are the metal badges. These images are the same as the Universal Music Japan preorder benefit photos that came with purchasing any of the non-fanclub version RATA-TAT-TAT albums (excluding the set of 9; that had a separate preorder benefit).
I still wasn't actually sure what this was, until I saw the back. There is a safety pin so that you can fasten the badge. The size is quite strange to me for a badge, with dimension 1.625" by 4.625".
Here is the fanclub preorder benefit postcard that comes with the photo set. It has OT9's printed messages in Japanese. I'm in awe with Bomin's handwriting; even in Japanese, it's so perfect! This postcard is slightly thicker than regular paper but thinner than cardstock and has dimensions 3.9375" by 5.8125".
The photo sets are all shots from Golden Child's showcase. They have a glossy finish so they're prone to fingerprints. The bottom right has the Goldenness Japan logo. These photos are smaller than usual but cute in size, with dimensions 3.5" by 5".
Here is Jibeom's photo set. His smile is contagious^^

I really like the commemorative goods and fanclub preorder benefits for RATA-TAT-TAT. I like that the photo set provides in-action photos from the showcase rather than from the album photoshoot, so that we actually get new content. As for the images of the badges, I don't mind that they're the same as the UMJ preorder postcards since I didn't pull bongbeom for those anyways. And I think the badges can stand up well on my shelf and will add variety to my Japanese shelf. And lastly, I like the variety in the preorder benefits; if I had actually attended the showcase, I would be annoyed that the clear file is the same, but since I didn't, I'm happy I now have that same clear file^^ And I really do like the postcard since it's always fun seeing the members' handwriting, especially in other languages!

I lowkey regret not buying Bomin's versions for these items...ever since the tour, I just cannot get him out of my mind. It has really come full circle because predebut, I was so Bomin biased that my friend would say he was an institution for me!

Coming up I'll unbox my RATA-TAT-TAT albums (along with continuing to blog about Golden Child's US tour!).

No comments:

Post a Comment