Pages

Thursday, August 4, 2022

Golden Child Meet & Live Tour in USA: Stop 3 - Denver

We're already at stop number 3 for Golden Child's first US tour, this time in Denver (Boulder) on June 28, 2022! I blogged about tour logistics here, the San Jose stop here, and the LA stop here. I've only been to North American concerts on the coasts, so being in Colorado really made me realize that we are indeed embarking on a tour around the US, not just the usual California and New York stops.
The Colorado stop, which was in Boulder, was at Fox Theatre. This was in a very quaint part of town and the sidewalk was spacious enough to hold VVIP and VIP check-in, along with Snapshot ticket pickup, right in front of the venue.
My first time being #1 on this tour! Also today's theme was "Golden Air"~ I'm also wearing my navy Summer Breeze concert tee.
Here are my Snapshot tickets. The tickets are all generally the same from stop to stop, with the only difference being the city printed in the bottom right corner along with the color of that light blue box.
For the fansign, I had to get the white version of Pump It Up signed to match my hat~ 

This time the fansign order was Y, Bomin, Jibeom, Joochan, Seungmin, Jaehyun, Jangjun, and lastly Donghyun. For giving letters, they now had a table with the members' names where you can put your letters in the designated member sections. This is different from LA's boxes, so that staff can easily monitor that letters didn't have 3D gifts inside. The fansign was held just in front of the stage. As the members entered, they first walked down the stairs alongside the stage. Donghyun walked down first and went all the way to the end of the fansign table whereas Y was in the middle of the pack (and tripped coming down the stairs >.<) and chose the first seat. I never know how to approach conversations during fansigns, so they were generally very generic conversations...some memorable moments were Joochan and Jangjun complimenting my hat.
After the fansign, we went back outside of the venue and waited until we were brought back inside in queue order for soundcheck. This was an all standing venue with the barricade being almost against the stage, making front row very close and intimate! I initially chose just slightly left of the center, but throughout the concert we all shifted to the right a bit.

For soundcheck, the members sang "I Know" and the first half of "Milky Way".

And now onto the concert! Below is the setlist and I'll add any highlights. I'll only post a handful of pictures of the concert on my blog (I recorded the whole thing so screenshots of videos aren't great quality, and you can view some of my pictures on my Twitter thread here, and surely lots of others' fancams on SNS as well).

Setlist:
  1. Intro VCR - same intro VCR as Play concert
  2. Ra Pam Pam
  3. Burn It
  4. Ment
  5. I Know
  6. That Guy
  7. Ment - Jaehyun said "Someone said 'thank you for coming' but no, thank YOU for coming." Jibeom said that Ness in the back were dancing to "That Guy" and he gave a thumbs up and looked so happy.
  8. What Happened?
  9. Pump It Up
  10. VCR - condensed TV shows / commercials VCR from Play
  11. Wannabe - Without You - One
  12. Ment - Y sang an English song that he said he's liked since he was young. Then Joochan asked us, "What's your favorite song?" Then they performed impromptu "Genie". Next Seungmin sang Justin Bieber's "As Long As You Love Me". Then Joochan asked in Korean how do we like our steaks then Jangjun added, listing "rare, medium, well done" and to listen to the next song.
  13. Oasis - When Joochan sang the first line, Jangjun posed to bring our attention to Joochan's "well done~" and smiled at their joke.
  14. Bottom Of The Ocean - It finally happened! Donghyun took my phone and filmed himself singing. Afterwards Jibeom reached over but then went right over my phone to grab the one behind me. Then Jangjun grabbed both my phone and the phone of the person to the left of me! He filmed using both at the same time during his "Yeah~~~" before the last chorus.
  15. Ment
  16. Sea
  17. Breathe
  18. Ment - Jibeom said, "Goldenness my breathe". I really appreciate how hard he tried to convey his emotions in English! Then Jangjun said Goldenness were dancing well during "Sea" and that "I think you guys are better than Donghyun".
  19. Crush
  20. Ending VCR - same ending VCR as Play
  21. - Encore - DamDaDi - I've said this before, but seriously when Joochan is front and center in a choreography, he stares you down if you're in the front and center! This was especially apparent in Denver throughout the concert, but wow was it especially powerful during "DamDaDi"!
  22. Ending Ment - Jangjun expressed his worries that people around here wouldn't know Golcha, but seeing Goldenness here wiped away those worries. Jaehyun added on, "Jangjun said it first but when I arrived at the airport in Denver, I didn't expect this many people in this show."
  23. Milky Way
Thank you sweet, precious Donghyun!
This is one of my most favorite videos! In other fancams you can see it clearly, he was just having so much fun on stage~
I didn't realize that Jaehyun looked at me! This was during his line in "Breathe"~ I honestly thought that the only time he looked at me was during the end of the Atlanta show, but it really started in Denver!
Joochan's consistent eye contact! And he stares into your soul for a long time!
Hehe hi Seungmin! This was during the group photo time~
During the final goodbyes, Bomin bent down to be eye level and thank my friend for coming!

After the concert, the staff cleared out the entire hall and had Snapshot ticket holders wait out in the foyer. This venue is quite small, so they had the maknae line in front of the stage and the hyung line at the back.

Here is my third set of Snapshots! Snapshots hadn't sold out by the time the session was being held, so you could still buy them online (they wouldn't accept payments onsite), but I somehow resisted and stuck with my original plan of 1 per member.

Here are some of my recollections from Snapshots (in the order I took them):
  • Jibeom: He acknowledged my hat and then I said in Korean that he worked hard, then he replied back in Korean telling me to get home safely. Looking back, I had wanted to speak Korean to Jibeom because he felt more comfortable, but now I lowkey regret it because I couldn't really converse in Korean and I missed out on all the opportunities of hearing Jibeom speak in English >.<
  • Jaehyun: Jaehyun said he liked my hat. Then I told him his Justin Bieber cover in LA was really good, and he replied, "Was it good? Next time it'll be One Direction."
  • Y: He acknowledged my hat. After I chose my pose, he said "ET~~~"
  • Jangjun: I pointed at the letters on his neck, and he emphasized, "It's not real! It's a sticker!"
  • Bomin: I'll just type out the whole transcript because I am in love with our conversation^^
Bomin: Number 4, okay
Bomin: That is so cute. Like Pump It Up, right?
Me: Yah!
Bomin: Yah, it's really good.
Me: Thank you~
Bomin: *points to my tee* And is this from Summer Breeze concert?
Me: Yah! You noticed!
Bomin: Yah, I know that! Thank you, thank you so much~

It just made me really happy how Bomin is so personable in personalizing every conversation. And on top of that, he is so observant and attentive; my tee was so subtle that I had doubted anyone would know the significance yet he still noticed the logo.

One callout I had starting with Denver (because I hadn't done this in SJ or LA) and throughout the tour (excluding NY) is that the crowd - whether it's Goldenness or Kpop fans in these cities - was always super nice! I was worried about being dehydrated so I wanted to have a full bottle of water in between soundcheck and the concert, and every time the crowd let me leave front row and come back right to my same spot. I couldn't imagine this sweet gesture anywhere, and this act made me love our fandom even more^^

Overall, starting with Denver was when I felt like I had a really special concert experience! I finally started getting more comfortable (being an introvert who hasn't gone out in over 2 years, this tour was a huge step for me!) and really being in the moment rather than just standing there. Because of this, I was even more excited for the remainder of the tour!

No comments:

Post a Comment