Pages

Thursday, August 29, 2013

Update: Kinokuniya Bookstore in Seattle

Today I revisited Kinokuniya Bookstore in Seattle's Chinatown.  Last month I made a post about it here.  As usual, I checked the magazine section and the selection was typical.  Then I stepped upstairs to the CD section and there is now a more varied collection of Jpop albums by Korean artists!  Before Kinokuniya mainly had the SM powerhouses, like Super Junior, SHINee, Girls' Generation, and other Kpop groups and singers that have prominence in Japan, such as FTIsland, Kara and Kim Hyun Joong.
A printed sign saying 'K-POP' really caught my attention.  They have basically doubled their Korean Jpop collection with more groups, including Boyfriend, Big Bang, F.Cuz, Secret, and generally a larger selection of the previous artists they carried.
Here is a close up of the additional 'K-POP' section.  It's just these small shelves, but the selection is much greater.
And here is the original shelf that contained new Jpop releases, including the minimal Korean Jpop selection Kinokuniya had before.  Here, I only spotted SHINee and Super Junior.
Once I locked eyes on this album, I couldn't take my hands off of it.  I was looking at Infinite's Koi Ni Ochiru Toki normal edition album!
There was only this one copy and I'm such a huge Inspirit...but because I'm planning on getting the limited version, I resisted my urge and didn't buy the normal edition (though I really want the photocard...).  Also, this album is $42 while the limited edition is also $42 online.  All in all, Kinokuniya has a larger selection of CDs but their prices are still ridiculously high. It's a great feeling to select albums in person rather than online, but pricing is also a factor in making a purchase. 

3 comments:

  1. Your method of explaining the whole thing in this post is in fact pleasant, every one be capable of effortlessly be aware of it, Thanks a lot.
    Antiquarian Bookstore Online

    ReplyDelete
  2. I DEMAND TO KNOW WHO TOOK ALL THE BIG BANG MERCH >.>

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol I'm sure they'll get more Big Bang merch...whenever they make a comeback...or maybe you could ask the worker to order some more!

      Delete