Pages

Sunday, February 23, 2014

The Face Shop Olive Essential Cream Review

The Face Shop has a mini skincare line that focuses on the benefits of olive, called Olive Essential. This line includes three products to use in a skincare routine:  Moisture Toner, Moisture Emulsion and Cream. According to the product's webpage, these three products contain the same ingredients to moisturize skin. While the product works for all skin types, it is recommended for those with normal skin.
The backside of this sample claims that this cream uses olives to deeply moisturize and nourish skin.
This product is opaque white and has a very thick, creamy consistency that easily blends clear. It has a subtle cleanly scent with the slightest hint of lemon. The amount in the picture is plenty for a thick layer on my entire face. Using this cream is like putting on a thick layer of melted wax (in a good way) because it's so thick. I find this cream very comparable to Missha's Super Aqua Ultra Waterfull Cream.

The Pros
  • This cream really moisturizes dry skin well! I used it at night right after washing my face, and in the morning I still felt the cream seeping into my skin. It creates a smooth and thick layer over my face, like the cream is protecting me from the cold weather outside. This is perfect for the harsh winter air!
  • A little goes a long way, so these sample packs can definitely last me a few days.
  • The scent is subtle and refreshing, not bothersome.
The Cons
  • Nothing - I absolutely love this cream!
Overall, I really like this Olive Essential Cream. It's thick and creamy texture works well to moisturize my dry skin, which is especially handy for these brutal winter months.

Update: I actually bought this product because I loved the sample so much! Here is my review of just the packaging.

No comments:

Post a Comment