Pages

Saturday, June 9, 2018

Kakao Friends Official Goods Review

Here are the two latest additions to my Kakao Friends collection, thanks to my brother who stopped by the Myungdong Lotte Young Plaza location in Seoul. I gave an introduction to the brand here along with my unboxing of the Apeach Travel Beauty Pouch. This time I will be unboxing the Apeach Hoodie Neck Pillow and Apeach Face Eye Patch.
First off, here's the shopping bag (which my brother said cost roughly an extra $1 USD). One side has Muzi and Con.
The other side is an image of all the characters.

Apeach Hoodie Neck Pillow (official product page here)
I really wanted this Apeach neck pillow ever since I saw Golden Child's Bomin have one during their Vlive ("골든차일드의 부산 대구 습격" from September 16, 2017). This neck pillow was given to Bomin by 3 fansites (here).
This neck pillow comes in a nice plastic bag with a handle at the top.
At the corner of the bag is the holographic Con seal.
The backside of the bag has product information in both Korean and English. The neck pillow is made of cotton and polyester. The dimensions are 30cm by 33cm by 10cm.
Here is how the bottom of the pillow looks like.
The side of the pillow has an APEACH tag.
The white tag underneath lists the same information in Korean as on the bag.
At the top of the neck pillow is a subtle, nicely designed handle.
The hoodie is really nicely designed as well! There is an extra strip of fabric at the top so that it fits over your head really well.
There is also a drawstring around the edge of the hood, just like a real hoodie.
And here's me using the neck pillow^^ It's so practical and cute; I can't wait to use it while I sleep on the plane!

Apeach Face Eye Patch

I also wanted a matching Apeach sleep mask like the one Lovelyz' Kei had on in Lovelyz' 2018 Season's Greetings (here)! I wanted a sleep mask with a closeup of Apeach's face, however these styles were no longer displayed on Kakao's website. The site only had the Apeach eye mask with a white body, which is definitely not what I'm looking for. Therefore, I'm so happy my brother found this style at Myungdong!
The eye mask is packaged inside a plastic ziplock bag with the same holographic Con seal in the corner.
Inside is a glossy pink cardstock, with the backside containing product information in Korean and English. The eye mask is made of polyester and has dimensions 21.8cm by 11.6cm by 1.2 cm.
The front side as a soft, velvet-like touch. On the left is a yellow KAKAO FRIENDS tag, with the backside stating MADE IN CHINA.
The backside of the mask is very smooth and satin-like. The elastic is very thin, and seems like it'll turn brittle with age and if left out in the heat.
Here's how the mask looks like on me. I had to make the elastic to the most extended length for it to fit well.

Frodo Coca Cola
My brother surprised me with this Kakao Friends branded cola from Incheon Airport! This cherry blossom themed can is really cute and clever - the Korean text (pronounced kkot - gwa - ko - la) sounds like "coca cola" and means "flower and cola".

Overall, I'm so happy that my Kakao collection is growing with these 3 items! I absolutely love the neck pillow and plan to use it on my travels. I was never one to use sleep masks but now I will because Apeach is just so adorable. As for the coke...I'll leave it unopened and displayed in my room.

No comments:

Post a Comment