Pages

Wednesday, May 1, 2019

[LA April 2019] Day 2: Goldenness Selca Day at Olvera Street and Around Hollywood

This day was a special day: Lovelyz' first schedule in North America (or rather, outside of Asia in general), which also overlaps with Goldenness Selca Day! With the perfect suggestion from my friend, I spent part of my day at Olvera Street, which is where Jangjun and Joochan went to back in August on Ch.Golcha Episode 3. Thank you to 골차맛차golchamatcha for the subbed screencaps.
Olvera Street is a Mexican market just a block from Union Station. It is mainly a pedestrian-only street with souvenir and food stalls lining the street. I can't describe just how happy I was to visit this place, knowing that Jangjun and Joochan once explored this place too!
This is the view of Union Station that Jangjun was looking at.
The cross is at the beginning of the street.
Here is the ice cream shop that they went to!
About halfway down the street is a break in the souvenir and food stalls.
Here is the restaurant that they filmed. There was a live band playing when I visited as well.
Towards the end of the street is a small restaurant. I decided to have lunch here, all because Jangjun and Joochan passed by this place.
Next I visited Barnsdall Park in Hollywood. It's a very quaint park a few stories above street level that has a view of the Hollywood sign.
And finally, I went to Hollywood Boulevard. I wish I had paid more attention to Lovelyz' Instagram posts, so I could try and recreate some of their photos (Sujeong took some at Hollywood & Highland Center). This is the closest photo I have (seems like Sujeong and I think alike, for taking pictures of the same sign!). My photo is on the left, taken from Hollywood & Highland Center, while Sujeong's is on the right.

Afterwards, I headed to Hollywood Bowl for the Korea Times Music Festival. I'll blog about that in the next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment