Pages

Sunday, December 31, 2017

Ktown4u Requesting Additional Shipping Fees

Back in 2015 I had preordered Infinite's Reality Limited Edition album from Ktown4u for $15.17 USD plus shipping via Registered Small Packet (Air) for $11.93, totaling to $27.10. 

On May 13th, the day of the album's release, Ktown4u emailed me requesting more money to cover the updated shipping cost. This was my first time a seller requested for additional money, so I felt wronged as a buyer but instead asked Ktown4u for clarification as their email was not clear.
Ktown4u then apologized saying that they had made a mistake. I'm not sure what the true shipping cost should have been, but I have disregarded this incident since and have been continuing to order from Ktown4u. 


Now just this past month, I have again experienced Ktown4u requesting additional money. I preordered Golden Child's 2018 Season's Greetings, which was expected to release on December 18th. The packaging is much larger than expected, as it is a tall tin cylinder unlike the usual flat cardboard boxes like many season's greetings.

I had originally preordered this item from Ktown4u for $35.06 USD, selecting the available shipping option Registered Small Packet (Air) for $13.81, for a total of $48.87. (And a few days later, Mwave announced that they'll sell signed versions of this item, and while I was quite tempted, I decided to opt out as I couldn't stand to wait for months for a 2018 calendar).

Then on December 20th, Ktown4u emailed me saying that the shipping method I chose does not qualify for this item due to its volume. They gave me the option to pay additional for shipping or to be automatically refunded on the 23rd. I contemplated hard on this decision because I had never paid so much for a calendar and couldn't justify paying $60+ for one. Also I recalled Ktown4u had asked for more money before for my Infinite Reality limited edition album. Lastly, Ktown4u's email once again isn't clear at all how I was supposed to pay the additional amount to Ktown4u. Overall, I had a lot of uncertainty. In the end, less than 24 hours later (on the 21st), Ktown4u automatically reimbursed me.

In the end, I decided to order the calendar from Kpoptown for $34.50 plus $27.90 shipping, totaling to $62.40. Sadly it was already the 21st, meaning I had missed the preorder period and that it was approaching business closures due to the holidays. My package didn't get shipped until the 28th, though orders are usually shipped within 3 business days. Please expect my unboxing review of Golden Child's first season's greetings in the new year.

No comments:

Post a Comment