Pages

Friday, February 26, 2021

Ordering Woollim Mall Merch from Kpoptown

Woollim Mall is an ingenious idea, and me being a sucker for Golden Child branded goods, I couldn't help but eye every item offered. I had originally preordered quite a few goods directly from Woollim Mall when the mall first opened back in November 2020, but it's been a journey waiting for those to arrive. So while I was waiting for that original order, I also ended up ordering a few more items from Kpoptown. I decided to blog about ordering Woollim Mall merch from Kpoptown here, and in an upcoming post I'll blog about my Woollim Mall order, along with an introduction to Woollim Mall and my experience using Paysable.

I've been eyeing the Golden Child Hoodie (the black one that was first released when Woollim Mall opened, not the YES. hoodie) ever since before Y wore it in Joochan's VLive on January 26th, 2021, and the Photo Set since I found out the photos are different from the album. On February 8th I checked Woollim Mall, and the hoodie was sold out. Kpoptown had supposedly 99 hoodies in stock (I think this is just Kpoptown's default until they actually do an inventory count), while I just noticed Ktown4u recently listed Woollim Mall merch with the hoodie having an expected date of stock of and being released on February 16th (other Woollim Mall merch had an expected date of stock of February 10th but release date of February 16th). The Ktown4u listing for the hoodie even had in the item title that the order can be cancelled if it sells out early. As a note, on Ktown4u there was no ordering limit for the hoodie but there was a limit of 3 for the photo set.

I ordered both the hoodie and the photo set from Kpoptown on February 9th, and within a week the hoodie was sold out on both Kpoptown and Ktown4u. Below is a breakdown of the prices in USD, excluding shipping:


Hoodie
Photo Set
Woollim Mall
$66.07
$29.65
Kpoptown
$79.90
$36.90
Ktown4u
$74.95
$33.63

While Woollim Mall looks the cheapest, we all know Everline which runs Woollim Mall has ridiculous shipping fees. And here it looks like Kpoptown is a few dollars more than Ktown4u, but actually after including shipping fees, Ktown4u ended up being about $1 more than Kpoptown. I'm still weary about Kpoptown ever since they shorted me a couple of Golden Child Re-boot albums without refunding me, but I was even more weary about Ktown4u not guaranteeing their stock. So I took a chance on Kpoptown since they had both items already in stock.

I still hadn't received any shipment update, so on February 22nd I contacted Kpoptown via their customer service system on their website. Within 21 minutes, I received a shipment confirmation email. The next day, Kpoptown replied to my inquiry via email saying that this will ship after the preorder goods are released on March 4th (as a note, I also ordered Golden Child's YES. merch from Kpoptown, and they confused my original order with this YES. order). My packaged arrived via DHL on February 25th.
I was pleasantly surprised with how well packaged my items were! The cardboard box was in great condition. Opening up the box, the hoodie took up majority of the space with some random bubblewrap on top to fill up any additional space.
The very bottom of the box was lined with bubblewrap, and the photo set was wrapped in several layers of bubblewrap.
Here are the hoodie and photo set! The photo set arrived a bit crushed, but it's all good with me.

While I'm still hesitant with Kpoptown in general, I'm glad that they have been pulling through with Woollim's recent string of Everline merch. I'll have an unboxing post about the hoodie and photo set along with the remaining Woollim Mall merch I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment