Pages

Monday, February 11, 2013

The Face Shop Fruit Garden Hand Lotion Review

My friend gave me her lotion from The Face Shop, so I'll review it. She offered to me a few months ago but I declined because of the unpleasant smell, but yesterday she threatened to throw it away if I didn't take it.  I have never been a fan of The Face Shop besides for endorser Kim Hyun Joong, so I hope that bias doesn't play a role in this review.
This is the Fruit Garden Hand Lotion in Chamomile and Lilac.  The packaging of this lotion looks very cheap and years old.  It is a cream colored squeeze tube bottle with sticker labels plastered in the front and back.  It may be the case that this old-styled design is an older model, because I searched on The Face Shop's website and their hand lotions look much more professional.
The lotion is opaque white with a pretty runny, watery consistency. It's an average lotion which I think suits normal skin, but not moisturizing enough to heal super dry, chapped skin.

Pros
  • The runny consistency allows for s little to go along way
  • The bottle is a decent size to carry around in a purse (2.36 fl. oz.)
  • It moisturizes well for normal skin
Cons
  • The scent is VERY unpleasant, and I really can't stand it. It reminds me of old lady potpourri; sorry for being non-descriptive!
Overall, it is an average lotion with unflattering packaging and an overwhelmingly cringe-worthy scent. In all, I wouldn't get this product because my skin is usually dry and needs more moisturizing effect and the smell is unbearable to me. I don't even know how I'll finish up this bottle!

No comments:

Post a Comment