Ever since watching the drama Dream High long ago, I had been captivated by IU's angelic, gentle voice and instantly became a fan. I've always found her voice to be very soothing, calming and peaceful, so I decided to buy her second full album to use while I'm studying for school.
Here's IU's Last Fantasy 2 album! It's titled '2' because it's her second volume, or second full album. The album is made of thin cardboard and has a matte finish. The concept for this album is an innocent and pure Victorian style, which is captured on the album cover. The album is fairly big, about 7.75 by 7.75 inches.
1-3. IU's gentle voice shines beautifully in these first three tracks. The songs are very calming and have a carefree, running-through-an-open-field kind of feel.
4. "You and I" is IU's main track, and for good reason. This song is so enchanting and especially fits IU's voice so well. The music video is also well done, with a holiday toy store theme (or so it seems) and co-staring charming Lee Hyun Woo.
5. "Wallpaper Design" has a more mature tone that illustrates IU's varying moods in singing.
6. "Uncle" is upbeat and puts me in a dancing mood. The interaction with the featured artist is entertaining, like IU is cutely bickering with a man.
7-8. These songs are uplifting and soothing tracks. They're perfect to listen to if the weather's getting me down!
9-11. These three tracks have a similar slow and gentle tone. They're very peaceful and relaxing; songs of which I could sleep well listening to.
12. "4AM" has a hipster, upscale cafe feel to it. The instrumental, as well as the way IU stretches her notes, make this track very different from the rest of the album.
13. "L'amant" sounds like a sophisticated instrumental piece, but paired with IU's voice, creates an even classier tone. It's a slow piece that does showcase the instruments more than the singing, but is a glamorous way to end the album.
Clearly my insight on the tracks aren't the best, but because I sincerely bought the album for the calmness and peacefulness of IU's voice, there's not much I can say to interpret and dissect these songs.
Overall I love the songs, as they keep me at ease without distracting me when I'm feverishly studying and doing homework. I love the album covers and poster as well. I just don't like the packaging design nor the photobook, which is fine with me. All that matters is that I like the songs!