Pages

Thursday, May 9, 2013

Update: Tony Moly Mini Blueberry Lip Balm

It's been awhile since I used my Tony Moly blueberry, so I wanted to do a quick update on the gorgeous product.  Here's the link to my review and full description of the blueberry.  Since I last used my blueberry a few months ago, the weather has been getting much hotter, affecting the product.  My lip balm has been cooped up in my small, stuffy room while the temperature has been in the high 70s and mid 80s (Fahrenheit).  Before my room was probably 20 to 30 degrees colder, and my blueberry lip balm was very solid to the point where I had to use my finger to push and scoop some product out.
Now, when I opened my product this morning, there were condensation droplets on the surface of the balm.  The balm was very easy to scoop up this time, with product easily sliding out due to its newly slick and smooth consistency.  It reminds me a lot like butter that has been nuked in the microwave.  Due to the weather, my lip balm has been melting to the perfect consistency.  However, I'm afraid if it will get hotter, the product will be too liquidy!  In this first photo, you can see the condensation and the smoothness of where I had used the balm.
In this photo, you can't really see the droplets but I wanted to show the balm in the light so you can see  its true color.  I didn't want to mislead anyone to think that the color had changed!

So this blog is to let you know that the weather does affect beauty products and to store your products in a suitable, room temperature area.  I'm sure many consider this as a common sense fact, but I'm a beauty beginner and I'm slowly learning...

No comments:

Post a Comment