Pages

Friday, February 9, 2018

[Update] Ktown4u Requesting Additional Shipping Fees

I have had another experience with Ktown4u asking me to pay an additional shipping fee, which I would like to add in conjunction with my previous post here. This time around, I decided to pre-order 3 copies of Golden Child's 2nd mini album Miracle in 1 order from Ktown4u so that I can guarantee receiving all 3 poster versions, despite the higher cost of shipping 3 albums together. Therefore I ordered 2 copies of Version A and 1 copy of Version B with 3 posters. The 3 albums weigh 1,940 grams and totaled to $40.80USD with shipping via Registered Small Packet(Air) at $28.85USD, so that my total was $69.65USD.
Golden Child's Miracle album was released on January 29th, and Ktown4u shipped out packages on January 30th. On the 30th, Ktown4u sent me an email saying that I could either pay an additional $10.94USD for shipping or Ktown4u would remove 1 album and 1 poster from my order and refund that. If I didn't respond with an answer, Ktown4u would automatically perform the latter by February 2nd.

As I didn't want to receive only 2 albums and 2 posters, I felt obligated to pay the additional shipping fee. On the 30th, I used PayPal to give $10.94USD to payment@ktown4u.com and added a message with my Ktown4u account name and order number. I then replied to the email chain on the option I chose, along with the PayPal account I used and the message I included.
On the 31st, Ktown4u acknowledged my email and receiving the additional shipping payment. They shipped out my package later that day. I was always weary about paying additional shipping via PayPal to Ktown4u's email account because it's not directly linked to the Ktown4u website or my Ktown4u account. However afterwards I checked my order on Ktown4u's website and see that they updated the shipping method to Parcel POST(Air) and the shipping total to $39.95USD, for a total of $80.75USD.

After receiving the package, I understand why shipping cost so much. The package weighs 4.97 pounds! While I don't mind paying more for shipping, I wish Ktown4u could better predict whether certain shipping methods would be insufficient for the weight of the package.

No comments:

Post a Comment