Pages

Monday, July 23, 2018

Ordering My Golden Child Goldenness Albums

In this post I'll blog about my experience ordering and receiving my Goldenness albums. I have an unboxing review post for Goldenness here. Goldenness was released on July 4th, 2018. Though this album is only a single with 3 tracks, the album is a bit heavy and therefore 1 album costs around $19USD - $25USD. There are 2 versions of this album, and each album comes with 1 random photocard out of 20 and 1 random ticket out of 10. I planned on collecting them all, and decided to pre-order 4 albums total. I compared prices and found that Ktown4u charged about $42USD for 2 albums plus 2 folded posters plus shipping (however they have asked for a higher shipping fee after I had completed my purchase), while YesAsia charged about $84USD for 4 albums plus 2 unfolded posters, and they offer free shipping on orders over $39USD. I decided on YesAsia so that I could have unfolded posters and not worry about paying additional shipping.
My YesAsia packages shipped on July 6th like the site promised, and included tracking. Both my album package and poster tube arrived on July 17th. All 4 albums were stacked together and wrapped in 1 layer of bubblewrap, nestled inside a cardboard box.
The album packaging is made of very thin cardboard, so some of the corners were inevitably squished in transit.
While opening the albums, I only put pressure in the center of the flap which created a noticeable crease. This happened for all 4 albums.
I first opened the red versions. I pulled the red Jangjun photocard and Donghyun ticket in the first red album, and the same Jangjun card and Jaehyun ticket in the second red album. Then I opened the black versions, and pulled the red Y photocard and Daeyeol ticket in the first black album, and the red Seungmin photocard and Tag ticket in the second black album. The cards and tickets are placed together anywhere from the first page to the middle of the photobook.
Here are all of the photocards and tickets I pulled from my first 4 albums.
My 2 unfolded posters came well protected in a sturdy cardboard poster tube.
Each side comes with a plastic lid and an ample amount of bubblewrap to protect the poster edges from chafing on the lid.
Here are the 2 posters! They are in perfect condition.

The following 2 days after my albums arrived, I contemplated how I'd collect all the photocards and tickets. Not many people were trading, and even fewer were selling. As much as I don't like having duplicate albums, I decided to order 4 more copies on Amazon. I'm usually hesitant on ordering Kpop items on Amazon because they're usually much more expensive and don't count on the charts. However I found Amazon selling a set for $44.75USD (pre-tax but with free shipping) that comes with both album versions and both folded posters here. The item description states that this purchase counts on both Gaon and Hanteo charts, and hopefully that's true. I chose the seller CATS GIRL which is fulfilled by Amazon and based in Nevada. I bought 2 sets on July 19th for $98.54USD after tax, pricing each photocard or ticket at $12.32. My order originally had an expected delivery date of July 25th to 27th, but after my package shipped out on July 20th, the delivery date updated to the 22nd.
My package did arrive on the 22nd in a small cardboard box.
Each set was bundled together in a clear bag, then the 2 sets were sandwiched together with the folded posters at the top and bottom when placed in the box. My albums were packaged really well because the posters acted as a buffer and protected the album corners from being dented during transit. Overall, my albums had virtually no dents, though one album did have a weird line on the front cover. This time I was able to open the albums without creating a crease on the flap - the trick is to put pressure towards both sides of the flap rather than the center.
In my first set, I pulled the red Joochan photocard and Joochan ticket for both albums.
In my second set, I pulled the black Jangjun photocard and Tag ticket from my black album, and the red Donghyun photocard and Daeyeol ticket from my red album.
Here are all the photocards and tickets I pulled from my second 4 albums.
And here are all of the Goldenness photocards and tickets that I pulled from my 8 albums. Overall, I have quite a few duplicates that I would like to trade for those that I'm missing, and I'm considering cross trading (photocard for a ticket and vice versa).

I have finally completed my thorough unboxing of the Goldenness album here!

2 comments:

  1. oooh noooes. im sorry you got duplicates , hope your able to trade em lool also wooow so mucch albums <3333

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Chels! Thanks so much, fingers crossed that I'll be able to trade all of my duplicates^^ That's what I get for buying so many albums instead of waiting and buying the pcs/tickets individually >.<

      Delete