Pages

Tuesday, November 19, 2019

[LA November 2019] Greeting Lovelyz at LAX

My biggest regret of 2019 was not going to LAX for Kei's arrival back in late April. I was too scared to go alone, despite mentally preparing myself and even writing a fan letter to pass onto Lovelyz. This time, I would be arriving into LA a few days before the K-Contents Expo concert, and knew I couldn't let myself down again.
On Friday November 8th, I brought the fan letter I had previously written, along with a new fan letter (on such ugly paper and as a first draft...I really didn't plan this through), had my Lovelinus fourth generation tote, and was ready to greet Lovelyz. At the terminal, we saw officials from the expo holding signs for Lovelyz, JBJ95, and Heize, as well as a handful of fans for Lovelyz with large signs, gifts, and letters to give to the girls.
Of the three artists, Lovelyz came out first. Sujeong and Myungeun came out together first. I was too dazed and could only gasp and tear up; this was the closest I've seen the girls in real life, and Myungeun's my bias; it all became so real, yet it felt like a dream. My friend told me to go toward them as we were on the opposite side from where they were headed. I headed toward them but Sujeong and Myungeun were focused solely on the officials talking, so we weren't able to interact with them. I just stood there staring in awe, trying to blink away my tears as we were just a few feet from them. They just looked absolutely perfect and it felt so surreal.
Soon Sujeong and Myungeun headed to a waiting area and I was torn on where to go next. But then Jiae, Jisoo, and Soul started walking out, and again were being directed by the officials. However I still had my fan letter to hand out, and the girls seemed more open to their surroundings.
I didn't even realize Jiae made eye contact with me!
Then Jisoo passed by me, and I took my chance and called "Jisoo~!" She turned toward my direction and instantly turned from a serious expression to a smile. When she saw I was handing her a letter, she struggled because she was holding her luggage and winter coat, but she was so sweet to take the time to free her hand to collect my letter. Before I knew it, Soul walked right past me and the three continued to where Sujeong and Myungeun were waiting.
Since I was walking with Jisoo for a few seconds and had stepped further away from the initial arrival area, I didn't even realize Kei was already passing by me too. She was smiling and head-nodded to fans as she walked by. I kept excitedly (and probably creepily) saying "Kei~ Kei~" and she also slightly bowed and smiled at me.
Each time every member passed by, I was always too dazed to comprehend if I should continue with them or wait for the next members to come out. But then Mijoo and Yein came out and my attention averted to them. It was hard to see Mijoo's facial expressions but she still seemed so bubbly and energetic as she was pushing her luggage, and she accepted a fan's gift bag.
All this time I forgot how to speak, but as Yein followed closely behind Mijoo and as she was the last member out, I finally said "Yein 안녕~" in a super high pitch voice, and she looked a bit startled but nonetheless turned to me, smiled, and waved. Mijoo and Yein continued on to join the rest of the members in that waiting area.
The members stood around with the staff, but Soul was facing us fans and continually smiled and energetically waved at us! Then one of the fans indicated that she had something to give and started walking toward Soul, and Soul came forward to receive a box of letters meant for each member before retreating back. Afterwards the girls started heading toward the exit.
At this point I was back toward the front where Sujeong was leading the group, yet I just stood there in awe as each member passed by, and ended up in the back. Sujeong waved at a fan while Myungeun and Soul continued on. I called Jiae just as she looked over and waved at me despite having her hands full! (She waved with the hand that was pushing her luggage! She let go of her luggage just to wave.)  Then Jiae smiled as she looked toward others; Jiae's eye smile is so pretty^^
Jisoo and Kei walked past me, then I turned back to see Mijoo and Yein taking the back, with Mijoo waving at fans! I ended up staying behind Yein as the girls navigated around the arrivals area (which was under construction, hence a more complex exit plan and more time the girls had to wait for their ride). Mijoo looked so adorable pushing her luggage up the little ramp with all her energy. By this time, the members were waiting in line for their ride, along with others, and fans had concregated around them, putting me in the second row from Lovelyz. Others were asking who these girls were, so we explained that they're Lovelyz (with a 'z'!).
The girls had to wait for their shuttle for quite a few minutes. Soul was so friendly to continue looking around, smiling when she spotted fans, and waving toward them. She even gave out a finger heart!
Then Soul looked my way and saw me and waved at me!
After Soul shifted her attention away (along with Myungeun, and Sujeong on her phone), Kei looked over this way! She was waving to fans with a big white rabbit candy plush in her hand, then lightly bowed again.

Myungeun was rather reserved, but suddenly she turned to the two Korean fans in front of me and they started having a conversation! In the middle of all this, Myungeun and Soul ended up waving at fans too.

Then my friend took the chance to try and talk to Soul in English. Soul couldn't hear well, so she went closer to my friend and spoke in both English and with hand signs. Myungeun continued waving to a few fans, then as she was turning back around, she looked at me for a split second!

While my friend was paying attention to Soul, Mijoo who was right next to us playfully flung a stuffed whale plush she received in front of my friend's phone, then pretended she didn't do anything! She then had a conversation with Mijoo.
Then I think Myungeun looked my way again and waved at me!

Soul looked back at fans to smile and wave! Jisoo quickly waved too, and Yein looked around and smiled while waving at fans. Myungeun spoke with the Korean fans again as she waved.

My friend then asked Mijoo in English what they'd perform tomorrow, and Mijoo leaned in to clearly listen, then replied, "aww, secret!"
One of the organizers said something about JBJ; also based on another fan's report and a fancam I saw, JBJ95 had just walked right behind Lovelyz and got into their ride, however no one really noticed. Myungeun quickly did a head turn, making her hair sway so perfectly in unison. Then Soul turned around and did a double take as she spotted me and waved to me!
Then Myungeun was looking in my direction and started making cute gestures! Later on the Korean fans in front of me started talking to Kei while the other members diligently waited to get onto their shuttle. Then they started talking to Yein. Jiae then looked around and even made a V sign towards the Korean fans. Soul then talked with the Korean fans while Jisoo smiled and listened in. Soul was so cute, pointing toward her head while explaining something. Then Sujeong started talking with them...wow these two Korean fans are really winning today!

Myungeun then looked toward a fan and made more cute gestures. And she continually nonchalantly did hair flips that made me melt a little every time!

Then the girls were listening intently to the staff, until Soul turned around and the Korean fans started engaging in a conversation with her again.

Just then the shuttle arrived, and the girls slowly made their way in. The Korean fan spoke to Sujeong. I knew this was my last chance to say something, so I awkwardly said "내일 봐요" but no one heard.
The girls waved to the fans as they boarded. Soul saw me and waved to me again! As Jiae walked by I finally had my normal voice again and said "Jiae 안녕~" and she turned around to acknowledge me. My voice got awkward again as I rushed out a "Mijoo 안녕~" and she quickly turned and waved.

Even after the girls were on the bus, they continued waving to us and sending us hearts! Soul even started passing out the individual fan letters she received from a fan earlier while it looked like other members were reading our fan letters.

This has definitely been my best airport experience so far, and I hope the girls felt the love we have for them and our excitement for Lovelyz to come to the US and perform for American Lovelinus!

No comments:

Post a Comment