Pages

Saturday, September 26, 2020

Infinite: Inspirit 4th Generation Inspirit Package, 5th Generation Inspirit Bundle, and 6th Generation Special Gift Review

Infinite was my first Kpop group and I always considered myself as an Inspirit; really I was single fandom until Golden Child debuted. But with Infinite being my first group, there was a lot of stuff within the Kpop world that I was still not familiar with, including official fanclub memberships. Therefore I never joined any official fanclubs until Goldenness 1st generation, followed by all fanclubs under Woollim since then. However my Korean Inspirit friend graciously gifted me with the  Inspirit Package from Infinite's 4th generation fanclub, Inspirit Bundle from Infinite's 5th generation fanclub, and the Special Gift from Infinite's 6th generation fanclub. I briefly blogged about this haul here. These 3 memberships were available via Interpark.

Here I'll unbox all 3 kits.

Inspirit 4th Generation Inspirit Package
This package actually only included the membership card, lightstick (yeobong version 1), and thank you card. The lightstick was later sold at Infinite's That Summer 2 concert series. I only received the thank you card from my friend. Here is the frontside of the card, with a fun group photo from Be Back era.
The backside has each member's printed message and autograph. The center is where the membership card was.

Inspirit 5th Generation Inspirit Bundle
This bundle came with an eco tote, a pouch, and paper goods.
Everything came together in a plastic bag with Infinite's branding. The packaging reminds me of Sunggyu's first mini album.
The back of the plastic bag has the Reality logo.
This canvas tote has an interesting alphabetical design; I like how they add the Reality logo for "I" and how this tote subtly reveals Infinite instead of being in-your-face. I'm still trying to figure out why some letters are highlighted while others aren't; at first I thought it was to highlight the members' initials, but "S" isn't highlighted...the backside of this eco tote is all black, and there are no pockets inside. The tote is about 14.5" by 15" and hangs comfortably around the shoulder with about 9" between the top of the straps and the lip of the bag.
The pouch is rather minimalist, with a simplified version of the Reality logo. This is about 8.5" by 6".
However the details in the zipper are rather pretty. On one side "INSPIRIT" is engraved.
On the other side of the zipper, the simplified Reality logo is engraved.
Both the tote bag and pouch also have this nice detail, where the flap sewn on the side says "INFINITE".
The backside of this flap says "INSPIRIT".
The paper goods are packaged together in this box.
Here is the back of the box, held together by a flap (similar to "L's Bravo Viewtiful" postcard packaging except without the sticker).
Opening up the box reveals the photo card set, sticker sheets, and post cards.
The stickers are really adorable! Firstly, the size is cutely small; each sheet is about 2.75" by 4". Also the stickers themselves are really cute, with the members' doodles and writing, including "Hodong" and "Yaho", along with Infinite's various logos.
The postcard set is stuck together at the top, and is meant to be peeled like a notepad.
All the photos are from the Reality photoshoot.
Unfortunately with this style and me being the preservatist that I am, I didn't want to flip through these cards in order for them to remain intact...
The postcard set includes one per member, with the member's printed message and autograph.
The backside of each photocard has this design.

Inspirit 6th Generation Special Gift
The special gift came in a cardstock box.
As you can see, majority of this generation's goodies are paper goods, whereas the previous one had a good mix of both practical goods and paper goods. The contents include the thank you card, photocard set, postcard set, photo frame, and griptok.
The thank you card has a nice group photo from the "That Summer 2" set.
The backside of the thank you card has the members' printed messages and autographs.
The postcard set and photocard set all include images from the "That Summer 2" set, and are both bundled by a paper strip.
There are 7 postcards within this set.
The backside of the postcards all have the same design.
The photocard set contains 21 cards, 3 per member.
Ideally, there should be 3 sets of photocards, with the first set having the printed text, the second set having the members' printed autographs, and the third set being blank. However there seems to be an error because Sunggyu has 2 blank cards and Sungyeol has 2 autograph cards.
This is backside of the photo frame. The official name is Polaroid Photo Frame.
The photo frame is pretty snug, but with a bit of effort you can separate the 2 pieces from the side. Inside reveals the logo card and a card with instructions.
The instructions card is entirely in English, and explains how to use this as a standing frame or a hanging frame (this will require double-sided tape or a thumb tack). It also describes that this sandwich photo frame is made of thick sponge sandwiched between paper and is meant to frame a picture without any hardware.
I followed the instructions and pushed out the foam leg, then inserted it at the bottom. This is how it will stand vertically.
The photocards fit inside this photo frame. I put in 1 photocard, along with the logo card and instructions card, and the 3 cards fit fine. I suggest putting the cards in the front side of the photo frame, then putting the backside on top to close the photo frame.
Here's how the photo frame looks vertically.
And here's how it looks horizontally.
And lastly, here is the griptok.
The backside of the packaging includes instructions in Korean on how to install the griptok.

Recap

Overall, I'm happy to have these membership goods in my collection, though it's not nearly the same since I wasn't a part of these generations' memberships. In hindsight, I would've been disappointed with the 4th generation package because I went to Korea the summer of 2014 when the That Summer 2 concert took place, however if I were an official Inspirit at the time, my lightstick wouldn't have come in time. But then again if I were an official Inspirit, I would've had access to pre-sales...as for the 5th generation, I like how there are practical items (tote and pouch) along with non-practical items (stickers, photocards, postcards), to have items I can use daily and items that I can display. And with the 6th generation, while only the griptok can be considered practical (though of course I'd prefer to preserve it!), it does include a nice selection of paper goods. And I do like the photo frame; this is now sitting nicely on my shelf. Looking over these 3 generations' worth of goodies, I like that we get additional photos from those eras ("Back", "Bad", "That Summer 2"), but I'm even more grateful that now Woollim holds new photoshoots just for their fanclub welcome kits.

I've always found it funny how these memberships make you an "official" fanclub member, when in reality if you love and support that group, you should naturally just feel like you're a part of the fandom. Infinite was the one that started it all for me, and it feels weird not being an official Inspirit, yet I am an official Lovelinus, Goldenness, and Ketchy. But my dedication and love and support for Infinite definitely outshines, say, my casual support for Rocket Punch. But it is what it is. I hope moving forward Infinite will continue with future generation memberships.

No comments:

Post a Comment