Pages

Friday, October 16, 2020

Golden Child Ontact Concert - NOW Merchandise Review (Part 1 of 2)

Golden Child held their first solo virtual concert, Ontact Concert - NOW, on Sunday, September 13th, 2020. The accompanying concert merchandise was sold via Everline; I blogged about my experience purchasing from them here.

The NOW merchandise consists of 9 items:

  • Puzzle
  • T-Shirt
  • Bandana
  • Wrist Band & Photocard
  • Mug
  • Pin Button Set
  • Book Pouch Set
  • Postcard Set(+Mask)
  • Behind Book & Photocard
I'll split this post into 2, with this post focusing on those above in bold. I blogged about the non-bold items here. Sorry about the lighting for these photos...I was too excited and unboxed them in the evening right when they arrived.

Wrist Band & Photocard
The wrist band and photocard come in a plastic bag.
The backside of all the goods contains the product label and Woollim authentication sticker.
The wrist band also came in another clear resealable bag. I love that they use the old logo on the wrist band!
The wrist band is really high quality! It is really thick and comfortable on the skin.
Here's how it looks like on my wrist. It's longer than I had imagined. As much as I want to preserve this (so definitely won't be using it while playing sports), I can't wait to wear this with my baseball jerseys!
The group photocard is so adorable! Tag and Jibeom hugging is too precious.
The photocard has a glossy finish and arrived a bit curved, but it seems easy enough to flatten it back.

Mug
The mug is packaged in a thick cardboard box.
Here is the backside of the box.
Here is how the mug looks packaged up inside the box.
The mug came wrapped up in 3 layers of tissue paper.
The mug is ceramic, and thankfully came in perfect condition!
I'm not really a fan of the design of the mug, but it's still nice to display and perhaps I can put some fans here to display.

Pin Button Set
The pin button set comes in a nice cardboard box, with the new Golden Child logo and wording in blue metallic.
The item info is directly printed on the back of the box, and the authentication sticker is stuck directly on as well. You open the box like an envelope, similar to the Without You album.
Opening the box reveals the 11 pin buttons placed on an elevated cardstock platform.
I'm not a denim-on-demin person, but these outfits really grew on me especially with the personalized names on the front and "Golden Child" on the back! I love that these photos used do show the names on their jackets; it's just such a nice little touch to a simple outfit!
The pins are placed in these slits; they're not the most stable so it might be hard to display if you're trying to stand it up. While the pins are pretty, I'll probably just display the outer box to avoid the pins from falling.

Postcard Set(+Mask)
The postcard and mask set comes in a clear plastic box.
Here is how the backside of the packaging looks.
Both the postcard set and set of masks came in their respective clear resealable bags.
This is my absolute favorite photoshoot of the 3 concert shoots! I love that they had a collaboration with collaboration with Guiroe to model these stunning modern hanbok outfits, along with the stage outfits during the actual concert, and the Chuseok photoshoot.
All 10 postcards have this as the design on the back. The feeling of these cards are also really luxurious, like it's a bit waxy and not prone to fingerprints. These postcards are also really huge! I just measured them, they're actually 5" by 7" which is the larger standard postcard size, but it still shocked me as I'm not used to seeing this size.
There are 10 disposable masks. The new Golden Child logo is printed in the bottom right corner, but it's a very faint shade. I understand that with COVID, masks are a more common concert good (and really, reusable masks have already been quite common in Asian culture), but what Goldenness would spend so much to burn through disposable masks? It would've been a lot more nice if it's a reusable mask. But it is what it is.

Book Pouch Set
The book pouch set comes in a clear resealable bag. The exterior is really simplistic, but the old Golden Child logo in white gives a nice touch. The book pouch is about 8" by 11" by 1".
Here is the backside. The book pouch is made of polyester and is pretty flexible yet seems quite durable.
Unzipping the book pouch reveals the inside, which contains 5 pockets of various sizes and an elastic on the far left for a writing utensil. There is also the old logo. The remaining contents of this set, the mini clipboard, memo pad, and postcard set, are tucked into the largest horizontal pocket.
The memo pad came clipped to the mini clipboard. The pad is about 3.5" by 6.125" by 0.125" and each sheet is lined with the new logo at the bottom. The clipboard, which the item page states is made of paper, has a hard backing and is about 4.375" by 7.125".
The backside of the clipboard has the new logo printed.
There are 10 postcards in this set. I added the Bomin hanbok one to the photo for size reference. The postcards are under 4" by 6". At first this was my least favorite photoshoot of the 3 concert shoots, but now looking at the detail of the TV screens, I have a lot more appreciation for this set! It's fun seeing which music videos are showing (mostly "Genie" but I do see "It's U" and "One" also).
All 10 postcards have this cute design, like a real postcard used to mail. Again, these cards feel so luxurious, just like those from the postcard set.

I'm really overjoyed to have all of these items, and all the stress of dealing with Eline was worth it in the end. The combination of items are a bit strange (random photocards and postcards combined with more practical items, or the masks being thrown in with the postcards), but it makes for more interesting products I guess. I've also blogged about the remaining 4 items here.

No comments:

Post a Comment