Pages

Friday, October 30, 2020

Ordering My Golden Child Pump It Up Albums via Makestar

It still feels so surreal that Golden Child has completed their self-discovery trilogy and that they are back as Bright Child with their second single Pump It Up on October 7th, 2020! I was quite indecisive on where to preorder my albums, especially with all the swirl around Makestar recently, but in the end I did choose Makestar here because 1) album sales are counted, it's just uncertainly exactly when the sales are counted; 2) many idol groups have been holding videocall events through Makestar in order to gain album sales, so I would trust that their entertainment companies would have verified this beforehand; 3) Makestar gives the best benefits (2 unreleased photocards per album, 10 total); and 4) Makestar is still the cheapest (Ktown4u is actually a few cents cheaper per album, but no preorder benefits). Of course the other downside about going through Makestar is the terrible pulls, but I'm hoping with 3 versions, the pulls will be better than if there were only 1 or 2 versions.

The Makestar preorder ended on October 6th. Makestar announced the winners for the video call (30) and Polaroids (10) on October 8th, and the video call event took place on the 10th. On the 24th I noticed that the project status updated to "reward shipping start".

On October 26th I received a DHL notification stating that my package has shipped. I received my package on the 27th.
My albums came in a cardboard box. One of the corners arrived dented in, but luckily inside had no damage.
Opening up the box reveals the posters at the very top.
Underneath the posters were all 15 albums stacked on one side, air filler on the other side, and the Makestar benefit photocard sets on the top. Overall I'm really satisfied with this packaging, especially with the way the products and air filler fit perfectly in the box.

All please note that this isn't an unboxing post - this is more of a recap of ordering from Makestar and my pulls. I'll have a more thorough unboxing post soon!
Each poster came folded and inside its own resealable bag. They arrived stacked together, with 5 Version A, then 5 Version B, then 5 Version C.
Each album set comes with 1 Makestar photocard set of 6 photocards, which came in penny sleeves.
The Makestar photocards all have a glossy finish. This is the design of the backside.
These are all the photocards I received by set. As you can see, it's definitely not evenly distributed. I received 30 photocards, but in the end only had 1 complete member set thanks to the scarce Jibeom card.
Here are all my Makestar pulls: Daeyeol (x3), Y (x5), Jangjun (x3), Tag (x4), Seungmin (x4), Jaehyun (x3), Jibeom, Donghyun (x3), Joochan (x2), and Bomin (x2).
My albums came in 3 groups: the top contained 6 albums wrapped in 1 layer of bubblewrap, the middle contained 6 albums wrapped in 2 layers of bubblewrap, and the bottom had 3 albums wrapped in 1 layer of bubblewrap.
Overall the albums came in good condition, and generally the corners weren't bent.
However there were white marks on the front covers of 2 of my red albums; I was able to wipe off the top one but not the other.
Each album comes with 1 AR card out of 10, and 2 photocards out of 60. There are 20 red photocards, 20 yellow, and 20 blue, and the photos are from those respective shoots.
These are the 15 AR cards and 30 photocards that I pulled. I was really pleasantly surprised at how few duplicates there were, especially compared to my pulls from Take A Leap. Out of 15 albums, I was able to pull 8/10 members with 7 duplicates. And this is really great especially because the AR cards can only be scanned once, so I'd prefer to pull these myself rather than trade for AR cards. As for the photocards, I pulled 21/60 with 9 duplicates.
These are all the duplicate cards I pulled. Overall, I think it was a pretty good pull! I'm happy that I got a variety of photocards from all 3 versions, especially and that I got majority of the AR cards.

Well, it definitely was a struggle waiting for my albums to arrive especially with promotions wrapping up, but nonetheless I'm happy with my pulls and am excited to blog about the album versions soon. You can check out my unboxing review of the Pump It Up albums here.

No comments:

Post a Comment