Pages

Monday, March 22, 2021

Golden Child: YES. Woollim Mall Merch Review

Woollim has elevated to the next level via their online site Woollim Mall, and releasing merchandise to coincide with their artists' promotions. Woollim Mall announced on February 9th that preorders for YES. merchandise would begin on February 10th at 12PM KST. I blogged about my experience ordering this merchandise here and below I'll be unboxing my merch.

Here I'll be blogging about the following items:
  • [YES.] Phonetab & Keyring Set (Jaehyun & Jibeom)
  • [YES.] Badge Set
  • [YES.] Hoodie
Phonetab & Keyring Set (Jaehyun & Jibeom)
The phonetab & keyring set is by member, and when ordering from Woollim Mall (or Kpoptown), you can choose which member you'd like.
This set is packaged inside a clear resealable bag with a paper packaging that comes the item information and holographic Woollim seal.
Here are the phonetab & keyring sets! The phonetab is made of PVC plastic and is where the photocards are stored. The tab part is held together with a metal snap, and hanging off of that is a ball chain with the 4 phone charms.
Here is a closer look at the phone charms. This phone charm set can be easily removed by undoing the metal snap, and each individual phone charm can be removed by undoing the ball chain. The 3 keyring labels are made of fabric; I love how each represent an element of this era. These fabric charms range between 2.125" and 3" in length and between 0.375" and 1.45" in width. The fourth charm is a keyring acrylic, and I have to say I'm so happy about the quality of this; it's about 1" in diameter and 0.125" in thickness, which is clearly much thicker than the almost paper thin 2021 Season's Greetings key ring. This acrylic has this era's logo on one side. It also comes with a protective film on each side.
Here are the backsides of the phone charms. I personally really love these charms and the materials used because they're rather durable without scratching anything, which is important because they hang off my phone so they'll be in contact with various surfaces.
The overall length of the phonetab and keyring set is about 9.25" long, with the end of the phonetab to the end of the long keyring label being 4.5" long.
The inside of the phonetab can store a photocard at most 2.25" by 4.5" long. Each phonetab and keyring set comes with 2 photocards of that member, and both were packaged in this phonetab. The backside of the phonetab is slightly shorter than the front to more easily take out the contents, as you can see on the left phonetab.
Here are the Jaehyun and Jibeom photocards! The first photo is the first concept photo released prior to comeback while the second photo is a selca. These photos have a glossy finish.
The backsides of the concept photos have a black background while the backsides of the selcas have a beige and black background.
I think storing photocards in the phonetab can be a bit damaging; here you can see the clear top layer is coming apart.
The phonetab is quite simple to use, though it depends on if your phone case is compatible or not. Mine has a hole where the charger would go, and it fits the tab part perfectly.
And here is how it all looks with my phone! For reference, I have a Samsung S10+.
The phonetab is really secure between my phone and phone case; it doesn't budge at all. The downside is that if there is anything stuck in between, it can definitely damage the photocard. There was some debris between the photocard (which by the way this photocard is one of my favorites ever, so I should've been more careful...) and the phonetab, and the debris left an indent into my photocard. So I suggest making sure your phone, phonetab, photocard, and phone case are all absolutely spotless before putting it all together, or using a card that you can live with some indents.
And here is how the phonetab looks for this angle. I wasn't sure how the phonetab would interfere with charging my phone, but to my pleasant surprise, there is no interference at all! I can easily charge my phone without needing to remove the phonetab.
April 28th, 2021 Update: Unfortunately after under 7 weeks of constant use, my phonetab snapped in two at the area where the plastic came out of my phone case. I'm a bit upset at the quality because it should be expected that that area would bend and be flexible. I guess this is the one time I'm lowkey happy I have two due to Woollim selling them by the member, but I definitely will be preserving my backup one and will think about how I can display the charms, perhaps on my bag strap using the ball chain.

Badge Set
The badge set comes in a clear resealable bag.
The pins are attached into this paper packaging. This paper packaging contains the product info and holographic Woollim seal.
Here are the 2 pins! They represent the era well, one being this era's logo, and the other quite simple with the album title. I wish the "YES." pin were more intricate, but at the same time I like how this pin is very subtle in being Golden Child merch.
These pins are metal and quite sturdy and heavy. The backsides also have a striped texture.
Here is a closer look at the badges. They're silver and black in color but the silver is highly reflective so at times it may look gold. They generally have a smooth finish, though oddly enough the bottom center of my rectangular badge as a rough patch (under the E). The logo badge is about 1.375" in diameter at the longest. The rectangular badge is also about 1.375" in length, and 0.625" in height, and both are about 0.0625" in thickness.
Here are the 2 badges in comparison to Golden Child's other badges - the badge set from Golden Day and the badge from KCON18NY. I absolutely love Golden Child's badges and am so happy that they've brought back this type of merchandise; the designs match their eras so well. Update: I can't believe I completely forgot to add the Golden Air badge to this collection photo...

Hoodie
The hoodie comes neatly folded inside a sealed plastic bag. The sticker with the product information and holographic Woollim seal is on the front side of this bag. The backside of the bag is all silver.
I'm very particular about preserving everything, including the packaging...this bag is meant to be torn at the top and then there is a plastic ziplock seal, but instead I cut a slit at the top to keep all of the bag intact.
Here is the hoodie still neatly folded straight out of the bag.
And here is the hoodie! It is one size, made of cotton, and is white. There is a large kangaroo pocket. The backside is all white. The music video screenshot image is of similar quality to Golden Child's "One" tee. This is the same hoodie that Jibeom wore on his birthday Vlive on February 3rd, 2021, and Y wore a gray version (to be sold in the future...?) on January 27th, 2021.
The style is overall simple but the subtle details are what I love most about this hoodie. Here are the specific details: the top of the hood has "GOLDEN CHILD" printed in the same font as the curtain shoot from the YES. album (think of the individual member poster and concept photo teaser from the curtain shoot). The right sleeve has the YES. era logo. The chest has a screenshot of the "Burn It" music video, with Y on top of the bus surrounded by zombies. "YES." is printed in the album font right above. And the drawstrings are super high quality with metal ends and a wide style; the Golden Child Hoodie drawstrings also have metal ends but with a tubular style.
The tag inside the neckline is really cute, really matching the YES. concept teasers and their high fashion style. "GOLDEN CHILD" is printed in this era's font and instead of a trademark logo at the end, it has a G inside a circle.
Like all Golden Child hoodies, this one is also quite large and roomy, though the dimensions are slightly different form the Golden Child Hoodie. This YES. hoodie is overall shorter (total length and sleeves) and wider (shoulder and chest). I'm 5'4" and 105lb, and this is how the hoodie fits on me. The sleeves are just long enough that my finger poke out mid way, the body is a nice length so that it covers my back jean pockets. The cotton is also thick so it's perfect for chilly walks. Also there's the Jaehyun photocard from his phonetab set peaking out^^

Overall, I'm really happy about my YES. merchandise! During preordering, I decided not to buy the acrylic grip holder or the other members' phonetab and keyring sets, but maybe someday...I had the least expectation for the phonetab and keyring sets and just instinctively bought the bongbeom versions without really thinking about the product itself, but now that I'm using it, I am in love with it. The charms are soft so they don't get in the way and I don't weary about it breaking because they're so durable. And it's nice having 2, so I can use one on a daily basis and preserve one. The badge set was how I had expected it to be, and I'm happy that Woollim is growing Golden Child's badge collection. And the hoodie was better than expected with the simplistic details matching YES. era's high fashion style from the concept teasers, and is perfect for wearing to walk around the neighborhood or working at home. And with the close of "Burn It" era, comes the opening of "Breathe" promotions and merchandise which I'll blog about it in the future^^

No comments:

Post a Comment