Pages

Wednesday, January 29, 2020

Golden Child Future And Past Merchandise Review (Part 1 of 2)

Golden Child held their first solo concert, Future And Past, on January 18th and 19th, 2020! I've waited for this moment for a long time, and am really grateful to have witnessed this event in person at Blue Square I Market Hall in Seoul. I blogged about preordering concert merchandise and on-site pickup and purchasing here.

There were a total of 9 goods available from pre-order and onsite. Prices below are from  the Korean and US versions of everlineshop.com on January 27th. Actually when I made my pre-order purchase on the US site, the prices were different, so the US prices may change based on the current exchange rate.
  • Light Stick - 35,000₩ / $29.27 USD
  • Light Stick Pouch - 38,000₩ / $31.78 USD
  • Strap Keyring - 18,000₩ / $15.05 USD
  • Wappen - 8,000₩ / $6.69 USD
  • Postcard & Poster Set - 25,000₩ / $20.91 USD
  • Ticket Book - 38,000₩ / $31.78 USD
  • ID Picture (1 version per member) - 12,000₩ / $10.03 USD
  • Hoodie - 55,000₩ / $46.00 USD
  • Grip Holder - 18,000₩ / $15.05 USD
I purchased all goods except for the light stick, as it is still Version 1. I got my runebong from my 1st generation Goldenness kit back at the end of 2018 and am grateful I can finally use it to cheer on my boys! The light stick was sold out by 3:30PM on Sunday.

Hoodie

By 3:30PM on Sunday, the hoodie was sold out. And for good reason! Golden Child wore these hoodies during their encore stage on Saturday. For the encore stage on Sunday, their hoodies were all hemmed significantly and their pockets removed.
The hoodie comes neatly folded in a resealable clear plastic bag.
The backside of the bag has the product sticker.
The hoodie is quite simple, with "FUTURE AND PAST" in black on the front, the original Golden Child logo in black upside down on the hood, and a little tag on the inside with the original logo.
The hoodie comes in one size. I'm 5'4" and 110lb, and this is how the hoodie is on me. The sleeve cuffs go past my fingertips, and the hoodie hits mid-thigh. There is also a kangaroo pouch.
It's loose and roomy and really does fit comfortably like a dress. The inside feels a bit rough though.
The hood fits comfortably like this, so you don't really see the logo.
With the hood down, you can see the logo clearly and in the correct orientation.

Light Stick Pouch

The light stick pouch was also sold out by 3:30PM on Sunday. And this was the only item that was also sold out during pre-orders (I lucked out because I think two were refunded during pre-ordering period, so I made my bulk purchase then).
The pouch comes in an exterior drawstring bag. Sorry I forgot to take a picture of the pouch inside the drawstring bag...This bag is quite large and very convenient for going around the venue collection fansite merch - it fit all my slogans really well.
The card tag has the concert logo printed  and is strung together with a safety pin attached to the drawstring.
The backside of the card tag has the product info.
The light stick pouch has an adjustable strap, and where the straps are attached aren't symmetrical, which has a better feel when wearing the strap over my right shoulder and across my chest. The body of the pouch has a foam texture while the sides have a vinyl texture. The straps are made of lanyard material.
The original Golden Child logo has a shimmery gold embroidery.
The pouch itself is quite roomy; I thought it would form around the runebong snuggly, however it's really just an open pouch with no structure inside. But on the plus side, it's so roomy that I could fit cup sleeves (pictured) and paper banners (not pictured) and they'd remain in good condition despite being in pit for hours.
Here you can see there are inches between the bottom of the runebong and the end of the pouch.
But the best surprise was this baby zipper pouch attached inside! Perhaps it's for airpods?
Here's how the pouch sits as a crossbody.
While in the concert, the fan to my left kindly pointed out that the pouch kept hitting her, so I slung it around my neck instead like this. It also fits comfortably like this, especially when I was in the front row and didn't have to worry about bonking into anyone in front of me.

Strap Keyring

The strap keyring was also sold out by 3:30PM on Sunday, while all other goods were still in stock (except for the ID Picture, they don't list out which members were sold out).
The strap comes supported by cardboard and inside a resealable clear bag. The strap itself has the new Golden Child logo on it.
The backside of the cardboard has the concert design.
The strap has two really cute charms on them - one is a bowling pin with the original Golden Child font, and the other is a bowling ball with the concert logo. There is also a clamp and cellphone charm line for multiple ways to attach this strap onto something.
Here I used the cellphone charm line to hang it on my Goldenness tote strap, but honestly it looks awkward here. I'm still trying to figure out where else I could use it.

Wappen
The wappen is secured in the cardboard and placed inside a resealable clear bag. Out of all their patch designs from their baseball uniforms, I wonder how they chose this one. I had actually already made my own of this one for my own jersey, though in a different color scheme...
On the backside you can see the pin in place.
I still don't know what a "wappen" is, but it is the same idea as the patches from Golden Child's Golden Day fan meeting. However, this wappen is better quality, as it's thicker and not as bendable.
The backings are similar though, with how the pins are, which I found are very sturdy and good quality.

Grip Holder
The grip holder comes with a card tag that has the product info and a resealable clear bag.
Here is the backside of the exterior.
The griptok has the original Golden Child logo in a reflective finish, so it shines various colors depending on the angle and lighting.
There is also a mirror, which you can open by slightly lifting the lid and then sliding the lid counterclockwise. Here is how the mirror looks when the lid is flipped at the maximum angle.
Here is the griptok when fully extended. You can also rotate the top part of the griptok 360, so that the logo is centered.
This is my first time using a griptok, and boy was I foolish. I stuck it a bit too low on my phone case, and now can't remove it and readjust its placement. The one plus is that it's really stuck on my plastic case and won't seem to budge, but I guess this means I'll just need to adapt...

At first I was uncertain about this set of concert merchandise, but now I'm in love with it all! The hoodie may be oversized but as a dress it could be comfy cute; the pouch and drawstring bag definitely come in handy on concert days, the strap and wappen are cute accessories to lowkey show your Goldenness spirit, and the griptok is useful.

I also blogged about the remaining three items (Postcard & Poster Set, Ticket Book, and ID Picture) here!

No comments:

Post a Comment