Pages

Friday, January 31, 2020

Golden Child Future And Past Merchandise Review (Part 2 of 2)

Here is the second part of my unboxing review for Golden Child's first concert Future And Past official merchandise. I previously gave an intro and blogged about the hoodie, light stick pouch, strap keyring, wappen, and grip holder here. Below I will blog about the Postcard & Poster Set, Ticket Book, and ID Picture.

Postcard & Poster Set
The postcard and poster set is bundled in a flat paper envelop.
Here is the backside. The envelop is sealed with a clear circle sticker.
This is how the poster set and postcard set were placed inside the envelop.
Both sets came in their own respective resealable clear bags.
The postcard set is from the Gol-Cha! photoshoot location! There are 11 postcards, in age order from Daeyeol to Bomin and with a group shot at the end.
The backsides have the the members' printed autographs.
These postcards are really high quality. They're like a matte cardstock, but the photo itself has a gloss finish. Each postcard is also just under 5" by 7".
The poster set includes 11 sheets with the order. I'm really impressed by the quality of these posters! Upon seeing the packaging, I had my doubts as to the small size of these "posters", but now seeing them in person, these are more like large photocards. They are A4 size and made of matte cardstock.
The backside has the concert name.

Ticket Book
The ticket book comes in a resealable clear bag.
Here is the front cover of the ticket book. I love how it includes the old and new Golden Child logo.
The ticket book cover is high quality and thick to protect the precious contents inside. The ticket book is about 7.25" by 8.5" by 1.5".
The right spine has the concert name embossed in gold to match the rest of the text on covers.
The ticket book is held closed by two magnets on the front cover. Opening up the book reveals a large group photo.
There are sleeves already included in the ticket book, along with one photocard per member from the same photoshoot. They're already pre-placed in age order. Right away I was a bit disappointed at all the loose plastic threads coming off of these sleeves; you can see the next to Y's photocard.
The backsides of the photocards are reminiscent of Gol-Cha! with its color scheme and old logo. It includes a printed autograph and message from each member.
And here are the last two members' photocards.
And lastly their printed signs and messages. Afterwards there are an abundant amount of empty card sleeves. I'm honestly not sure what to do with these; with only four per sleeve it won't look as nice breaking up sets over three pages. And what do I do with the included photocard set? Do I leave it in this book or do I add it to my main collection in my binder?
There are also many sleeves meant to hold tickets. There are two "tickets" displaying each day of Future And Past. These sleeves are much more sleek and don't have any loose threads.
The backsides of these tickets include group photos from each photoshoot used for this concert.
I put my two concert tickets here. The sleeve was actually really tough to separate apart because it's so fresh; I had to really pinch it to separate it apart.
At the very back is a folder to hold other memorabilia! This was a nice surprise, and it's a bit thick so you can add a lot in here.

ID Picture

Originally when the merchandise list was released, I had thought the ID Picture included all members. But as I placed my pre-order on Everline, to my great disappointment it is one per member, with 10 versions total. And with the limit of five items per order, I was only able to preorder five despite having different versions. Luckily I was able to purchase the other five member versions on site.
The packaging for these ID pictures is really cute, bundled up together in a vintage brown paper envelope and then in a resealable clear bag. The packaging looks the same for all members; the only difference is that a sticker with the member's name is on the clear bag on the front.
Here is how the ID picture looks inside the envelop.
And here is the ID picture. It is 6" by 4" and is actually on photo print paper, as if you went to an ID photo shop and had it printed.
Here are all 10 versions. Honestly this is probably one of the items I'm least excited about, as it's just so simple (what am I to do with the same photo printed eight times?). But of course I couldn't not get all versions...
The backside is like photo print paper, with the Fujifilm text.

Reflections

Overall, I'm really grateful to have been able to attend Golden Child's first concert and to collect all of the concert merchandise. I was most excited about the light stick pouch when the merchandise list was announced, now I find most useful the grip holder (I'm used to it now and use it 24/7), and I'm most pleasantly surprised by the poster & postcard set due to such high quality. I'm a bit disappointed about the quality of the sleeves within the ticket book and about the price of the ID picture (maybe if they had just one version containing all members and priced it a bit higher, I'd be more satisfied with it; or maybe it's just because I have so many versions I feel a bit overwhelmed!). This wraps up my merchandise unboxing review for Future And Past...can't believe it's already been two weeks...until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment