Pages

Thursday, January 2, 2014

Tony Moly Intense Care Snail Essence Review

While Tony Moly is famous for its affordable line of realistic fruit products, it also has a more high end line of Snail Care.  This line includes different types of skincare products, as well as hand cream, BB cream, lip treatment, and more.  All the products come in streamline and elegent packaging, rather than the produce-shaped packaging.  Here I'll review the Intense Care Snail Essence.
According to Tony Moly's website, this product hydrates, moisturizes, repairs and brightens skin.  This essence is targeted at those with pimples and with dry and dull skin.  It contains snail slime, which is very interesting and unique. On the sample, the print states that this essence is for anti-wrinkle, whitening and nutrition. I don't know why the website and sample list two completely different effects.
The essence has a clear gel consistency, but more runny. Like slime, it leaves a slightly sticky residue after applying it. The amount in my palm is enough for an ample layer on my cheeks, nose and chin. I suggest applying the product in thin layers, because the skin doesn't absorb it quickly.

Pros
  • There is a subtle, pleasant lemon scent while applying the essence to my face, and it fades quickly so the scent doesn't become overwhelming.
  • There is no irritation or discomfort, even on my sensitive areas with zits.
  • The essence feels very light on my face.
  • The product easily spreads, and a little goes a long way.
Cons
  • I suggest using this like a night cream.  I tried using it as a primer, but the essence takes too long to be absorbed and therefore dilutes additional products I use.
  • As mentioned before, there is a slightly sticky residue, which may bother people.
  • It takes awhile for the skin to completely absorb this product.  I applied several layers and it took around an hour for it to fully absorb.
Overall, this is a pleasant gel to use right before bed.  It does moisturize and my skin feels smooth, but I don't think it'll greatly repair super dry skin.  I will continue to use these samples because Tony Moly tends to offer this one often, but I probably wouldn't buy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment