Pages

Saturday, January 30, 2016

Bellevue: Tous Les Jours

Just a couple of weeks ago, I found out that there's actually a Korean bakery franchise in Washington state! And it's none other than Tous Les Jours. I've had fond memories of this bakery while studying abroad in Seoul, and it's probably my most favorite of the many Korean bakery and cafe franchises.
This branch is located inside of the Korean grocery store H Mart at 100 108th Ave NE, Bellevue, WA 98004. Inside is quite small, but is packed with lots of goodies.
The outside display case is filled with very gorgeous cakes. I'm really obsessed with honey, so I was happy to see they had several items incorporating the ingredient.

Inside, you can grab a wooden tray lined with wax paper and a pair of tongs to grab pastries. There are also pre-packaged loaves of bread and other items throughout the store.
My family ended up buying a mocha cake. It came in a really nice box (the way it was designed was very ingenious in the way it folds and collapses, and it's so easy to slide the cake in and out of the box without ruining anything). The workers were so nice to also include a very sturdy, disposable cake knife and candles.
Here is the cake. It is light and reasonably sweet, which is perfect for Asian taste. This was a medium-sized cake and cost about $38.
These are a few of the items I got. If items aren't pre-packaged, the worker would tie them up in individual plastic bags. These items ranged from around $1.50 to $4.50. The bag of cheese muffins was definitely my favorite; there are 10 bite-size cheese muffins that are way too addicting. I also got a loaf of chestnut bread, which was so delicious.

I'm so thrilled to have found this location, because most Korean food franchises located in the US are either in LA or NY. Every time I'm in the Eastside, I'll definitely be stopping into Tous Les Jours to pick up those cheese muffins, a loaf of bread, and other pastries!

No comments:

Post a Comment